Dimple
Dimple asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DO KETO!?!? i've tried this for a month and I'm dying thinking of pizza! JUST HOW!?

• .
    Favorite Answer

Like anything else, some people find it easier than others. Years ago I used the Atkins (low carb) diet to drop weight, and it worked great, but I was miserable. It wasn't a healthy eating plan and at no point did I stop desiring carbs (I didn't obsess over them, but I didn't lose my fondness for them as some people claim they do). Keto isn't for everyone (and you can find many resources online that say it's not healthy). I prefer not eliminating any food group, but to use moderation as my guide. An 80/20 ratio of health eating and "not so healthy" works best for me. That way I don't feel deprived of the things I really enjoy, but they make up a small part of my diet versus the bulk of it.

My cravings went away after a about 3 weeks I think? Its been a while so I don't know exactly how long it took but my cravings did go away and then it was super easy. 

I just read an article on Rob Lowe and how he maintains a good healthy diet. He uses the Atkins diet which he says isn't as harsh as the keto diet. He says the keto diet is hard to maintain.

• Blonde

I say, give yourself one cheat day per week.

• Dimple
      4 weeks agoReport

This paunch from the holidays won’t allow me to

• Goerge

How does anybody diet? I would be absolutely miserable only eating raw foods. Consider Steve Jobs who basically killed himself "eating healthy". Ashton Kutcher, during research for for Jobs(2013) ended up being hospitalized eating similarly to Jobs. Then they in their raw diet start lashing out at all the inconsiderate murderers out there that eat meat.

I'm not doing keto, apart from intermittent fasting, but there are a lot of keto-pizza recipes out there. You might be able to find a good one.