white screen, almost everything gone?

So about 30 minutes ago I wanted to put a file into the trash bin on my computer and after a while everything just sort of disappeared. My folder called "STORAGE" where I keep school projects, games and other files in is gone, Google was gone and it said "Can't open this item, it has been moved, renamed or deleted. Do you want to remove this item"? Same was with every thing on my Taskbar. I managed to get Google through Cortana, same with steam, and I didn't lose things like my games on steam, but things in that folder, some things on the computer and the background was all gone. Can someone please help?

• Lv 7

check the Recycle Bin. everything deleted goes there unless it was on a USB drive.

otherwise, you should roll back your PC to a previous time.

• Warren2 months agoReport

Nope, it's empty. I didn't have any usb drives plugged in when I was doing this.

• David

Could be a hardware (e.g.failing hard drive) or software such as a virus infection. Rather than mess around and potentially lose more of your data, I would take it to a tech so see how much data can be salvaged

Edit: Windows Defender was also not working, only thing that showed was the Settings and the rest was white.