Why do some Christians get off on telling people they will burn forever?

I don’t because I don’t want anyone too. I focus on Jesus and love and showing compassion yet strength. No one wants anyone to go to that place. They want them with God. It should be difficult to say someone will go there and be much easier to tell them about who God is. Yet some think it’s easier to say you will burn and become excited from it.

Favorite Answer

I think they realize they are hypocrites and will themselves burn forever, so they are desperate for some company. Of course they are sinning by telling people that so they are only ensuring their own fate!

• jon pike
      4 weeks agoReport

But if you don't believe in heaven and hell, how can you say "they" will burn forever. THAT'S hypocritical. You are professing something you yourself do not believe. Rachael should have known better.

By reciting the rosary every day with care and sincerity, a person can be certain of avoiding eternal damnation.

We don't "get off" revealing the consequences of dying in sin. I don't know if hell is fiery or not (probably not). I think it's a euphemism for anguish, regret, and hopelessness. What I know for sure is that it is a place without God. So, you have to decide who God is and then remove those things to get the picture.

• Not like their hallowed threats mean anything in the end

• Ron

Your feelings on this matter are interesting. You're probably aware that we were created in God's image. Yet, as you say, some want certain people to burn. But that is not the way our loving Creator is. Just imagine, if you don't want anyone to burn, where did those feelings come from? From your Creator. In fact, did you know that the Scriptures tell us clearly about God's view of burning people? Please note these 2 passages - Jeremiah 7:31 - They have built the high places of Topheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, something that I had not commanded and that had never even come into my heart.’ - - - - Jeremiah 32:35 - Furthermore, they built the high places of Baal in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, in order to make their sons and their daughters pass through the fire to Molech, something that I had not commanded them and that had never come into my heart to do such a detestable thing, causing Judah to sin. - - - - This gives us a clear understanding of God's feelings about burning someone. He says the "thought" never even came into his heart! So, how could he create a place of burning flames and send people there forever? He could not and he didn't! In his word he makes clear just what the "lake of fire" is. Note first in Revelation about the lake of fire - Revelation 20:10 - And the Devil who was misleading them was hurled into the lake of fire and sulfur, where both the wild beast and the false prophet already were; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. - - - - NOW the explanation of the lake of fire in that same chapter of the Bible - Revelation 20:14 - And death and the Grave were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. - - - - What does it say the lake of fire is? It is the "second death". The Scriptures in God's word also gives us a clear understanding of what death is. What the condition of people are when they are dead. Please note - Ecclesiastes 9:5 & 10 - 5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten. 10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going. - - - - Some will say that the soul lives on, and maybe this goes to hell, a lake of fire. But what does this Scripture say about the soul? - Ezekiel 18:4 - Look! All the souls — to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son — to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die. - - - - So, yes, the soul dies. - - - - Jesus said God's word is truth, so it cannot be contradictory - John 17:17 - Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth. - - - - The truth cannot be contradictory, otherwise it could not possibly be the truth. But what about the words used in the Scripture above that says "tormented forever"? At the time when these Scriptures were written, the word tormented was used to refer to jailers. Because often they would inflict pain and suffering on those in their jails or prisons. Thus it was said that they were tormented. This just refers to being jailed. And the Scripture simply means that wicked people will be jailed in death forever. - - - - Did you know that even the King James Bible says that "hell" would be cast into the lake of fire? - King James - Revelation 20:14 - And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. - - - - Another Scripture in the King James Bible that is contradictory to the teaching that people will burn forever in hell is found here - King James - Revelation 20:13 - And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. - - - - Yes, it even says that hell gives up the dead which were in it! - - - - Clearly, the Scriptures show that our loving Creator did NOT create a lake of burning fire to keep people in forever, just because they lived a life of 70 or 80 years of doing bad things! Instead, the Scriptures simply use the term, lake of fire, to represent eternal destruction. From which there is no hope of a resurrection. THAT is in harmony with God's justice. NOT eternal fire for 70 or 80 years of living a bad life. - - - - In view of the foregoing, I encourage you to learn more about how YOUR feelings of goodness and justice are actually in harmony with your Heavenly Father's feelings. There are free Bible lessons offered online at www.jw.org

Since the concept of Hell didn't exist until Augustine created it in the 5th century, a combination of Tatarus, sheol, and Gehenna, I wouldn't worry about it either way.

Because since they cant kill you anymore. They just try to control your dreams. 

It just goes to show what nasty vicious people they are.

Then again so would that monster of a god they follow be if it were real. 

• Jea

Their terrorist bent is well documented for over 2,000 years.

It needs no more explanation.

So you aren't worshiping Satan this week?