Do the idle rich (think socialites) tend to look down on the working rich?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The younger generation of heirs and heiresses tend to work even if it's in fields where they don't make a lot of money in their own names. Apparently Paris Hilton is a D.J. now and Lydia Hearst promotes herself as a model, actor and lifestyle blogger. Balthazar Getty has been a working actor since he was 14. So even those waiting for massive inheritances don't tend to just lunch professionally anymore. They seem to want to be part of the working world to some degree.

• Erica R4 weeks agoReport

I hardly consider any of that "working". 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

HOPEFULLY NOT.

• 1 month ago

That's not how it works.  Working rich could be idle if they wanted to be... because they are rich (duh)!  There is a class of "old" rich that look down on "new" rich.  But they both look down on the idiot poor who work harder than any of the rich but demand that the rich pay less taxes for some stupid reason!

• Erica R1 month agoReport

I can understand looking down on new rich who got their wealth through the lottery, marrying rich or becoming a celebrity or something but not someone who earned and maintained their wealth legitimately.

• cmac'm
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

In my opinion, yes. Idle rich(wealthy) are generally all about power and influence, having their way.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You mean like Corbyn and his cronies?

Then Yes, indeed.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

When you're rich, you look down upon everything.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.