Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Is it wrong for to say I would be willing to work if bosses weren't such diks? ?

Due to my mental disability I struggle dealing with my emotions and stress. I dont take people yelling or being rude to me very well. Other people are better at sucking it up, but I dont have much of tolerance. I been bullied my whole life in my teens and early 20s, so I dont necessarily handle that kind of behavior. I want a job being my own boss but my elders tell me I probably wouldnt be able to do those kind of jobs because of my Autism. But I dont like anyone being in charge of me because everytime that is they treat me disrespectfully or they complicate things for me. I usually get mad and react. I think I have mood problems. Is this a good reason that I get disability? 

If you are really unable to overcome this, then disability probably makes sense. The better way, to live a better life, is to work with a therapist on CBT, anger management, and meditation. After all, when someone acts like a jerk, it may not even be you -- they might just be having a bad day themselves.