Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 4 weeks ago

What’re the odds ?

Let’s say someone doesn’t get the flu shot never has and gets the flu if this person is healthy In there 20s takes vitamins and goes to a doctor to receive medication to help with the flu what’re they chances they become septic or die from the flu ? 

I’ve heard cases of individuals who die but I notice some of them wait it out thinking it’ll leave without medication and they wait to long and when they finally go it’s to late is that why ?

• Sam

Anything is possible.  

I just get the stupid shot. 

There is more chance of you getting the flu than having any ill effects from the vaccine.  

But it's your life, your choice. 

Source(s): If you get the flu vaccine shot you could avoid the need for going to the doctor for the Tamiflu medication, plus the doctor visit co-pay and feeling ill. I'll take my odds with the flu shot. You can find the prevention shot for about $20. The cost of Tamiflu oral capsule 30 mg is around $155 for a supply of 10 capsules, depending on the pharmacy.