Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

why should i allow my step daughter to see her mother?

i don't want my step daughter to see her mom anymore and i am doing everything i could do to prevent my step daughter from seeing her mom my husband is mad at me because he thinks i am being a selfish baby but i just don't want her too why should i allow my step daughter to see her mom?

oh and btw this is not a troll.

Favorite Answer

LEGALLY you have no voice in who your stepdaughter sees and doesn't see.  It's that simple.

Why SHOULD you allow visitation?  I don't know.  Because you're a nice person? Apparently not.  Because you want your stepdaughter to know her mother?  Probably not.

I'm out of guesses.

Unless she is abusive or something she has every right to see her mother.

cause thats her mother

You've asked this before.  Thanks for giving us the condensed version.  As I told you the last time, this is something that should be decided by the biological parents.  Mind your own business.

• Ann

Why in the world would you want to keep her from seeing her mother, unless the woman is a hard-core drug addict who allowed the girl to be molested, or she's in prison for committing a horrible crime.  You don't say how old the girl is, or what the circumstances are.  If you're just trying to assume the role of a mother in this girl's life, be aware that she will know the difference between your role and that of her mother.  Withholding her from her parent, except in extreme circumstances, will totally alienate her from you.  If you're afraid that seeing her mother will somehow cause your husband to re-connect with his ex (which is what I suspect is the case), then you need to grow up and realize that he married you, not her.  Quit being insecure, and let the child do what she needs to do with regard to her birth mother.  

Source(s): licensed professional counselor

She has every right to see her

Big time troll is my guess.  Add the anon and I get troll.

• R L

You are selfish heartless toad...yep

• Mark

<btw this is not a troll

Yes, it is.