Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

why should i allow my step daughter to see her mother?

i don't want my step daughter to see her mom anymore and i am doing everything i could do to prevent my step daughter from seeing her mom my husband is mad at me because he thinks i am being a selfish baby but i just don't want her too why should i allow my step daughter to see her mom?

oh and btw this is not a troll.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

LEGALLY you have no voice in who your stepdaughter sees and doesn't see.  It's that simple.

Why SHOULD you allow visitation?  I don't know.  Because you're a nice person? Apparently not.  Because you want your stepdaughter to know her mother?  Probably not.

I'm out of guesses.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Unless she is abusive or something she has every right to see her mother.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

cause thats her mother

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You've asked this before.  Thanks for giving us the condensed version.  As I told you the last time, this is something that should be decided by the biological parents.  Mind your own business.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Why in the world would you want to keep her from seeing her mother, unless the woman is a hard-core drug addict who allowed the girl to be molested, or she's in prison for committing a horrible crime.  You don't say how old the girl is, or what the circumstances are.  If you're just trying to assume the role of a mother in this girl's life, be aware that she will know the difference between your role and that of her mother.  Withholding her from her parent, except in extreme circumstances, will totally alienate her from you.  If you're afraid that seeing her mother will somehow cause your husband to re-connect with his ex (which is what I suspect is the case), then you need to grow up and realize that he married you, not her.  Quit being insecure, and let the child do what she needs to do with regard to her birth mother.  

Source(s): licensed professional counselor
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

She has every right to see her

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Big time troll is my guess.  Add the anon and I get troll.

• R L
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

You are selfish heartless toad...yep

• Mark
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

<btw this is not a troll

Yes, it is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.