Are people capable of changing their minds regarding Trump?

As this point, it seems that everyone has set their mind firmly on one extreme or the other.

Trump could cure cancer, solve world hunger, and bring about world wide peace. Those that hate him would still hate him.

Trump could commit genocide and user in a one world dictatorship. Those that love him would still sing his praises.

Favorite Answer

Some people are capable, but people who feel strongly enough about Trump to make their opinions of him public probably are not.

• Jim2

I'm going to have to put the blame on his devoted disciples on this one. I think those who look at things honestly and objectively do give him credit on those rare occasions when he does something right. But his devoted disciples seem to think he can do no wrong.

And yes, 'devoted disciples' exactly describes a lot of Trump supporters!

This is not to say that there aren't 'disciples' on both sides-- I guess Obama had his --but there sure seem to be a lot more of them on Trump's side.

• Mike L

If we cured cancer, solved world hunger, or ever sided with peaceful things, I'd probably change my mind about him. I don't foresee this happening though, but I'll hope for him to find God and show some intelligence for once.

A country that fight amongst themselves is a weak country (or something along those lines)

Pragmatic people evaluate w/ what is known ... opinionated people tend to be inflexible having already made up their mind.

Thus, some of us, namely the ones tending to be educated/intelligent are always in a state of potential flux conditional on what develops and an open mind willing to accept new facts.

The truth is usually out there someplace. It's up to all of us to know when to cross reference for confirmation, to know the difference between fact/opinion, to be aware of what's omitted and to be prepared to stall convictions pending more data.

There's no shortage of fake news because feeble minded people line up to buy it.

Anything is possible lets take this day by day

The problem is not that the GOP Senators love him, they do not. They fear him and what he can do to their chances of re election in red state areas that voted for Trump. They already know that the house managers have proved their case, and It puts them between their conscience to do the right thing for the country and vote for more evidence and witnesses, or chicken out and go for personal job security.

• Gary

Unfortunately I don't know if it will be easy, or possible in some cases, for people to change radical views (in both sides) of Mr. Trump. People who hate him will likely still find reasons to hate him while those who love him will continue finding things to love.

Personally, I'm far from the biggest fan of his policies and actions, but that does not keep me from noting when he does good and acknowledging his faux paus.

• hamel5

Trump doesn't seem headed to accomplishing any of those things.  In fact, he's worked the opposite side of those battles. 

But, even if he did good things -  He's still a despicable person.  I might give him some grudging respect - but, would never like the guy.  I'd look for an honest, motivated candidate who would do the same stuff without the slimy BS. 

• Cowboy

People were hypnotized by TV long before trump came along. Now they can't change their minds because they aren't in possession of them.