Jim2
Lv 7
Jim2 asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 3 weeks ago

Is it fair that  someone can block you, go anonymous, and then answer your question in an insulting manner?

Usually when someone does that I leave a comment. When you are blocked, you can't leave comments. 

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Its not Fair but Unfortunately it is what it is that's how its set up on here

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

some on here love to insult others

• No, it is not fair but that the way they are playing the game here.  So accept it and move on.

• 3 weeks ago

When we go to war........

some of us are soldiers.......

some of us are bakers, .....

and some of us,   do nothing at all. 

Life is not fair. 

J.F.K. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • LAN
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

So?   Show me where Yahoo or life in general ever promised to be fair.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

The original purpose of Anonymous was for personal questions where exposure could greatly embarrass and face personal retribution outside of Y/A. Discussing personal relationships and finances and sexuality and crime has reasons for anonymity. But it was abused and created a set of trolls. The blocking makes some sense demonstrated by insulting wild answers from people that should be blocked, abusing the system. Unfortunately, anonymous cannot be blocked. Loss of country of origin of questions was also a bad move here. Many issues require a country to answer properly. I have one ID, that was troll attacked, and Y/A admin could not fully fix it. My Best Answer % is about 30%, mostly when people wanted thoughtful response rather than just a parrot of an opinion.

Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Whether it's "fair" or not, it's the way the site works. Go to the suggestion board here  https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/924010 and make the suggestion if it hasn't already been made (I think it has) or support the suggestion made by someone else, about that issue. THAT is where changes to the site are initiated (not here in the YA subcategory). 

Whether someone goes Anon or not, an insulting or non-answer to your question IS a violation. Report it, then ignore it. Leaving a comment just lets them know they got to you (and that was their goal). 

• Jim2
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Worth a try anyway.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

It happens to me all the time on here, there are so many trolls!

• 3 weeks ago

Yes it's rude

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Just make a second account and then you can comment on their questions again.  Post and then go anon.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.