Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

How do I let her down?

So I just bought tickets to a concert for myself and 3 of my buddies. This girl I’ve been trying to weave off just texted me and told me she bought us tickets. What do I say or do?

Honestly, I think the best way to handle this is to talk to her as soon as you can, and just be totally honest. Say to her that you like her, and that you respect her, but you are not interested in a relationship.

If she is splurging on tickets for you and your friends in the hope of getting some romantic attention, then I think the right thing to do is to let her know that you are not romantically interested in her. I know that is not an easy thing to have to break to someone, but in this case, where she is doing some obsessive things, I think you will need to. And she may not respond well. Nevertheless, I think it's the boss thing to do in this case. Doing the right thing is definitely not always easy, or rewarding. But you will be glad that you did.