promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Skin between dogs pads is slightly pink, but he doesnt lick at them. Should I be worried?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I've had dogs all my life and dogs should not have any kind of pads on them, get medication for now and let the dog feel the fresh air on them like nature intended. vets endorse products and manufacturers will sell anything to make money.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

It may be due to some type of minor irritation - salt if you live in a snowy or icy area, or a lawn chemical.  You can rise the pads in a small bowl of water and/or Dawn dish washing liquid if you think anything might still be on them.  Dry well by toweling, including underneath & between the toes.  Do continue to watch it.  If it gets more pink or he does start to lick - see your vet.

• ...Show all comments
    • E. H. Amos
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Dogs can develop allergies AT ANY time (which can cause pinkness) and that can include TO GRASS or to something applied TO the grass.  Cold wet grass does not cause pads to turn pink like HOT water will (by stimulating BLOOD FLOW) in humans.

• 2 months ago

No, sometimes dogs get skin discolorations. My puggle had a pink belly until she was a few years old then it turned dark brown for a few years and now she’s 14 and it’s pink again. As long as your dog isn’t distressed, you should be fine.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.