Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 weeks ago

What is this girls problem with me?

I have a co-worker that doesn't like me. Since I started there she has been reporting me saying to my boss I cant do my job properly etc etc and its not true. My boss just ignores her now and knows exactly what is going on and ive even had to tell my boss about her on numerous occasions. Last week I got a new 2020 car and she seen it and that evening she blocked me on facebook, whats app and Instagram for no reason whatsoever.

When I told her this week I was buying a home, she told me not to do so and apply to my local city council for a social house. She knows about my recent engagement also and the fact that me and my partner are serious and moving in together too and has been laughing and making faces about this to staff behind my back at work.

Im tired of her behaviour shes a very jealous and spiteful girl and I really don't want to be near her anymore on shifts. How do I go about avoiding her?

Favorite Answer

Despite all the Red Flags as far as she's concerned you still appeared to have placed some trust in her otherwise you wouldn't have somewhat befriended her and given her details of your private life. Also, there's nothing more in life (Despite someone being worthy of love and happiness) that people hate and that's someone shoving their happiness and success in love and large monetary purchases in one's face, comprehending? As your boss is already aware I'm sure they'd accommodate your wishes as it apparently is affecting your state of mental health so much having to deal with a person continually ridiculing openly behind your back. I guess you're getting the picture?

• Moretime
      4 weeks agoReport

Thanks 4 BA, I hope it made sense 2 U? 

Just stop talking to her and accept that she doesn’t like you and is a spiteful and jealous b I t c h.  I figure you assumed she’d be happy for you.  It’s really about her, because she’s got nothing in her own life.  On the other hand, if you’re constantly talking about how great your partner is and your life is without realising it, which people can do quite innocently, it comes across as boasting.  

do you like her? why are you asking for her approval? stop telling her your private life.

• Helen

It seems as though you're trying to make her jealous of you. 

You go to work to work - not to make everyone like you. There will be people you meet who don't.

Seems like you both need to grow up.

I know there are people who don't do their job properly. Do you know what happens if someone does not do their job properly?

Either that person will make whoever he, or she works, for lose customers/clients, or he, or she will end up losing their job. Either way you were to look at it the outcome will be the same.

I am self employed, so I don't have to listen to a female co-worker. I work directly with clients, so I don't have any co-workers like you do, and I am my own boss.

If I don't properly do my job then I am already aware that I could lose potential clients, and clients. I know there are people who don't care about losing clients, or customers.

I think you put yourself in the situation you are in. You talk about stuff that does not relate to your job. If I ever had employees like her, and you then I would get rid of the both of you.

I am a male by the way.

does everyone have to like you? is it a requirement that all your coworkers have to follow you on social media? just grow up and quit whining to the boss. you will meet many people in your lifetime who do not like you. just grow up and go about your business. Your boss does not want to hear about it, this is not kindergarten.

Simple ask her if she's been told today.If she says no what? say **** ***

First of all, stop talking about her to your boss. The boss doesn't want to be caught between two co-workers have petty little disagreements. I don't understand why you were on social media with this person anyway- it's far better for her not to know what's going on in your life. Stop talking about what you're buying when you're at work. You can't change her personality. You CAN control what you do. Just keep any exchanges between you professional and about the job. 

• Jack H

Its OK, she only exists inside your head, none of it is real...

• Fuhr

The first and most important step is to air this all out on YA.