Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

What are the two threaded parts of a faucet, that connect to the water lines, called?

• Edwena
    Favorite Answer

For that style of faucet. That is not a hose faucet.   For the threaded pipe, call it the male stubs, 1/2" NPT. which means half-inch pipe, national pipe threads which is the standard pipe thread.  You will have to convert for metric.    The mating piece will be a 1/2" female connector of some type.  Now, it could be a tubing connection which is  different threads and connection.  Nowadays a flexible hose (tubing) is screwed onto the end.  You will see those hoses in various lengths at the hardware store.  The the fittings on the hoses are tube fittings.  Take the faucet to the store and see what screws on the end.  You will also need some nuts and washers to hold down the faucet to the sink.

inlet connections: one hot and one cold

• Ron1 week agoReport

You're close. I just found that the specific term for them is "faucet inlet shanks". But it still helped. If I asked a hardware person about the faucet "inlet connections", they would probably know what I meant.

called.... 2 threads that connect to the water lines....hope that helps

• Ron1 month agoReport

It helped. With it, I found this reference (w/a pic): "Most newer faucets have a large threaded pipe underneath each tap. Large plastic nuts are put on these threads to hold the sink in place." https://woodgears.ca/sink/faucet.html

So basically "threads" or "threaded pipes" is the term.

Pipe Caps / Supply Nuts?

From your diagram I see that's not what you mean.

Shanks maybe?

• Ron1 week agoReport

That's correct. I just found that the specific term for them is "faucet inlet shanks". They're called many other things because they can also be classified under several general categories of faucet parts.