What do you think of an American who cannot speak English?

I'm 16 years old and I'm from Lousiana  and i speak french because my family is francophone and i don't know any english  

4 Answers

Relevance
  • steve
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

They like yourself are descendants of an immigrant family where English was not the first language. I wouldn't think any worse of them.

I have family all over the world in China, Thailand, France, Tanzania, and when I visit neither I or my family there can speak the local languages.

However for someone who can't speak English you appear to be able to type it quite well?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Sounds like you are proudly involved in crippling yourself for life. In narrowing the size of the community you involve yourself with. I have met 3rd generation people from a couple of cultures living in this country who proudly decided to not learn to speak English. Small neighborhoods. Limited income resources. An intentional choice to avoid all higher education opportunities. It's done! You're not the first.

• 4 weeks ago

and yet you can type in English. how believable

• 4 weeks ago

Well Mr/Ms 16 yr old you sure write well for someone who can't speak English.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.