Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

how do i tell my best friend i like him?!?

I am a 16 year old girl and my best friend is a 16 year old boy. I really like him and I want to tell him i love him. However, here are some things holding me back.

- His 14 year old brother is one of my close friends and I dont want that to affect our friendship

- My best friend used to have a thing with one of my two close girlfriends

- I dont think he likes me back (he talks to this girl hes never met but not really a thing but he likes her)

- My ex boyfriends sister likes him

Tonight when we were texting, I was like i like someone and im not sure how to tell them. He then proceeded to ask me who this person is, if he knew them and why I wouldn't tell him who it is. OOF.

I know I am going to get rejected but if your best friend liked you, wouldnt you want to know? And it is too hard talking to him/ going to dinner with him and his brother pretending I dont like him. Advice please:)

It is a very bad idea to tell a guy you like him unless you've been dating and you're sure he likes you, too. For one thing, if he doesn't like you, things will be very awkward, and you won't be friends any more. For another, it makes some guys think they have power over you and can get you to have sex with them when they don't return your feelings. 

• Sandy

I agree with Edward. Just continue to enjoy your bestie's company. most 16 year old boys aren't going to understand or know what to do with that information--except run. And just for future reference, always wait for the guy to say it to you first. some guys will use your love for them against you and make you do things you didn't know you were capable of, all in the name of "love". 

• edward

One of my friends had a huge crush on my sister. (He wasn’t alone guys have been going crazy over her since she was 13). He told me, i told him that she likes someone else (true). I told him it’s nor worth it (also true) and it would make things awkward between them (truer). He confessed anyway and everything i said would happen happened. We never hung out at my house again