What did paaul mean I preach the gospel not by words of elequont wisdom lest remove the power of Jesus Christ.  Is science  elequont wisdom ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

No, science is not eloquent wisdom. Paul learned early on that philosophical discussiion doesn't lead to many conversions. He learned instead to tell the truth and let people discover the truth of it for themselves -- to be converted by the Holy Ghost.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

He meant Gnosticism and philosophies.

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Science is simply a way of asking questions that will return reliable results - in a way that prevents us from merely fooling ourselves. The results may not be eloquent but they are true.

• 4 weeks ago

"For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ" (Galatians 1:12)!

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13)!

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power" (I Corinthians 2:4)!

10 "But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (I Corinthians 2:10-14)!

"For if I make you sorry, who is He that maketh me glad, but the same which is made sorry by me?" (II Corinthians 2:2).

"Lest Satan should get an advantage of us:  for we are not ignorant of his devices" (II Corinthians 2:11)!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mack
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The word is eloquent. Because people today still worship the messenger instead of heading the message.

• 4 weeks ago

I don't believe so.  He's talking about the Sophists in Corinth.  He is contrasting their use of style and form against his basic speech on the power of Christ.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.