Is 10000-122 CAD enough to survive for a year in Saskatchewan? ?

I am looking forward to studying in Canada in 2021.

So I want to know how much is the least rent for 1 bed room including all bills

Furniture prices 

And food, travel and pocket expenses

Will 12k be enough for a year? 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Maybe. People survive on that little, but it isn't always easy. You can google for rooms to rent. I just did. They seem to range from $300 to $500 a month. Some of them are at least partly furnished. If you don't need a car you should be able to manage.

• Ahmed4 weeks agoReport

How about 12000k? 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Sounds light especially when things are "travel and pocket expenses" are pretty vague what that means.  

You can google apartment prices easily enough, do you have someone to room with as I doubt that is going to support an apartment by yourself.  The university might have a webpage with some information on the cost of living.

I'm assuming you mean Saskatoon, I found the following:

https://canadianimmigrant.ca/settlement/living-in-...

• 4 weeks ago

The cheapest option for housing is usually living on campus. Have you looked at the housing costs at the university you plan to attend? To get your visa, you'll have to show that you have enough money to support yourself for a year. The visa requirements will say how much that is. 

• 4 weeks ago

That's nowhere near enough! E.g. if you are not coming from an arctic climate, and already own an abundant supply of winter clothing, expect to spend about CAD5000 on a suitable wardrobe to survive. (If you purchase good quality, expect those items to last 3-4 years while earning your degree.) Rent can easily run 1000/month or more, add utilities (electric, cable, internet, phone), food, household supplies & expect to need a minimum of 2000/month. Add transportation, personal expenses. 

Apartments are generally unfurnished so you will need furniture, fittings, household equipment, etc. & that can run 5000-10,000. It is much cheaper to live in dorms on full room & board contract as some basic furnishings (bed, desk, dresser) are included. Then you will need bed & bath linens, clock, desk lamp, your computer-printer-peripherals-software. 

Foreign students attending university in Canada should expect to prove they have a minimum of CAD40,000/yr for all school + living expenses + return transportation to their country of citizenship when applying for their student visa, if a university accepts them. 

Numbeo.com is a good source of data on cost of living, and it has a comparison feature so you can compare costs in various Canadian cities, or compare with your own country. Of course, school expenses, and special expenses of foreign students & temporary residents are not included. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.