If a mobile phone is hacked, can you hear that person's phone calls?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Not usually. 

Phone hacking is normally an attack on the phone apps and software, so although some hacks can capture and transmit screen grabs or send keystroke data, I’ve never encountered anything which can capture and rebroadcast sounds going into the microphone and sounds coming into the earpiece.

None of the covert parental monitoring apps have ever managed that, and if it was possible they’d have tried it by now.

Even governments cannot do that by hacking the phone: they just achieve it via a phone tap at the service provider’s end of things.

What Hollywood movies depict on that subject, along with TV dramas and fictional novels, is a load of entertaining nonsense.

• ...Show all comments
    • Robsteriark
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

It was easy to tap any hard-wired phone but that’s not the same as hacking them. It was also easy to intercept non-encrypted mobile comms but that also wasn’t hacking. Amusing to be addressed as “sonny” when I’ve just had my 76th birthday! (Former RN EWO on HMS Hermes and HMS Hermes).

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes. They are not safe. Keep it turned off as much as possible too.

• 4 weeks ago

Obviously? But this isn’t Watch Dogs it’s LIFE

• 4 weeks ago

Some terrorism is more effective because it is domestic grown.Yes. And, USA gov has corrupt law enforcement reviewing conversation to a fault in interpretation. As of the mid 90's. That is who brought in the heroin and effected the opiate crisis. Not to mention 9/11. It does not reflect on all of them.

Calls can be heard in 30 different countries at one time, should gov allow and effect that kind of access.

Recordings of original calls that described the attack we're recorded in years previous and they were later stolen from 3 different states. (9/11)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.