Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Do you remember when Trump defrauded a veterans charity and had to pay back millions?

It wasn't that long ago. 

Update:

What happened then, Chris???????

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Brian
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Funny how donnie didn't have much to say/tweet about that.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

You are confused. The lawsuit said he misused money in his charitable fund...money he and his family actually put there.

• ...Show all comments
    • Brian
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

@reg:  LOL, where did you come up with THAT particular lie?  And the only way that ANYONE could get their money back in that situation is if it had been a loan to the charity.  

Nice try, though.

• 1 month ago

Yep, as I recall, Trump had to pay out $2 million and shut down his "charity."  Also's it's strangely reminiscent of the time Trump had to shut down his phony "university" and pay out $25 million to the defrauded students.

• Brian
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

It's almost if there's some sort of pattern.......

• 1 month ago

According to snopes . com

"What's True

In November 2019, the New York Supreme Court ordered Trump to pay $2 million in damages for the waste incurred when his 2016 presidential campaign orchestrated and benefited from the distribution of funds to veterans groups, which had been donated by the public.

What's False

However, neither Trump, nor his children Ivanka and Eric, nor his foundation, were found to have "stolen" or kept any of the donations, and so none of them "admitted to" any such actions. The New York Supreme Court explicitly acknowledged that all the funds raised for veterans groups had ultimately reached veterans groups."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, I remember this, it is not enough to get me to vote for a Democrat though.

• 1 month ago

Yes. And the self-dealing of his foundation.  And how he had a fraudulent "university" and had to pay people back for that.

• 1 month ago

They do not. Conservatism is a misinformation feedback loop. It incorporates false information which supports the GOP narrative while excluding true information which  contradicts the GOP narrative.

The Trump Foundation was found to have engaged in a "shocking pattern of illegality" after defrauding EIGHT charities, including a veteran's charity and a charity for children with cancer. I'm not even joking. The judge ordered Trump to pay $2M in fines and restitution, and barred him from operating a charity in New York for 10 years.

Conservatives ignored it. They don't actually care about the truth, or right & wrong, or facts, or reality. They only care about the narrative.

• 1 month ago

His accountant messed it up.

• Brian
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Yeah...I forget what punishment the accountant got.  Did donnie even bother throwing him under the bus?

• Chris
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not what happened, nitwit. Geez, libtards are fvcking morons. Shouldn’t you just get back to defecating on the sidewalk?

• ...Show all comments
    • Brian
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

@chris  Amazing.  Trumpies don't mind donnie lying, and even think that THEY get a pass, too.

• 1 month ago

No I do not. Glad to help

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.