Would you say it's normal to be a homosexual but not want to be part of the LGBT community?

To me it just seems that LGBT is a propaganda community and there are a lot of weird people, i myself as a homosexual feel ashamed that those kinds of people try to represent me cause many of them act emotionally unstable and overly sensitive, there are those who think child drags are okay and think that it's okay for a young child to choose their gender.

I don't like rainbow flags and painting myself with rainbow colors while wearing weird clothes i also don't want to walk and march while waving rainbow flags the whole concept of the LGBT community is just so cringey and i don't want to be represented b those people neither do i want them to speak for me. I don't want people to think of a rainbow flag each time they find out i am gay (i don't even like rainbows or flags).

I've seen how many pride parades act so sexual in public and many of them were naked i don't want people to think i am like that cause i am not overly sexual, in other words LGBT community does not define me and my sexuality.

@xxx000au @anonymous I don't need any group to fight for me and i don't owe the lgbt anything!

@xxx000au Stop trying to gaslight me into thinking i owe the lgbt anything! It is not going to work, you won't be able to take me in! i am FREE! i won't let lgbt define me

@Craig I agree, and i think i should be who i want to be and not follow the crowd or the trend, my sexuality will not define my whole life. I won't be part of the far left.

In my honest opinion groups like LGBT, metoo and feminism are all just extremist groups with a hidden agenda and i don't want to be any part of those toxic groups.

btw i wasn't being scornful as i was expressing my honest opinions, if anything you lgbt people are the ones who are scornful cause if anyone does not agree with you then you throw a tantrum and criticize them for not agreeing with you.

I was not mocking and i was speaking up my mind! i really do think that many people in the lgbt community are emotionally unstable and get angry very quickly and that is not an insult but that is my honest opinion of them!

I've talked to met and talked to enough lgbt people and people from the feminist movement to make my judgement on them. my judgement is that lgbt and feminism are extremist movements which is why they get emotionally unstable and hostile very quickly.

Favorite Answer

The "community" IS a myth (as Vlad says).  It's a myth that is propagated by politicians who want a constituency to pander to (or that they can claim to represent) - and by academics and journalists who want a demographic to write about, or who need a shorthand for an unknown number of people who have little in common.  "LGBT people" are thus stuck with an acronym (and a public "persona") that isn't even of their own making, and over which they have no control.  In fact, most people with non-conforming sexuality/gender don't chiefly associate with similar folks.  They might occasionally visit a bar or restaurant that's popular with non-conformers - but that doth not a "community" make.  And Vlad's preference for his own sort of non-conformity - and his disinterest, if not enmity, for others - is not uncommon, either.

The good news is that you don't have "LGBT" printed on your forehead, and you won't be associated with "LGBT" unless you deliberately make yourself known that way.  You aren't automatically the member of a community you don't wish to be part of, because there's no community to begin with - and nobody knows your sexuality unless you tell them.  Nor do you have to identify YOURSELF by your sexuality or gender preference - Yes, that's a part of who you are, but you are much, much more than that.

People who would persecute non-conforming individuals (of whom there are many) complain of exactly the same things that you cite...but that doesn't mean you can't find those things disagreeable yourself.  If you don't wish to be associated with such things, then don't feel obliged to associate with them.  On the other hand, you have no more right to tell other non-conforming people how to identify or behave than they have to tell YOU.  So make your decision for yourself, rather than presume to make it for others.

• 1 month agoReport

You're an excellent writer.  Very thoughtful!

In my country the political party in power are the same for me, but as they are the ones doing it I have to accept it. before you judge you should be asking your self. what benefits have these people achieved that I enjoy despite doing nothing.

This area of YA is one. if it was not for the people you are jealous of, sorry dont like making a song and dance LGBT would have been a dirty word and so Yahoo would never have provided this space.

You are the preveliged generation who have no grasp of how fortunate you were to be born when you were. Look here is a suggestion, go spend a month in Russia or Uganda as in those lands there very few people do the things you do not like. Just don't let anyone know you are a friend of Dorothy as do that you may not come home. Go ahead princess prove me wrong.

• Craig1 month agoReport

It's great that people have raised the money to go to court and win cases that have benefited others, but that doesn't oblige others to condone ALL THINGS purported to celebrate or demonstrate approval of those legal/social changes.  Each person gets to pick and choose what they condone.

I think you're naive as hell if you think you're totally accepted in this world, you're not. The only reason you're able to have a somewhat normal life you have is because this activism and all the pioneers that came before them. But instead of being grateful for the freedoms they've won for you you're scornful. Again, I think you are either very naive or simply a troll. Don't want to be part of the community, fine. But don't go pretending that the community has never done anything for you because that is a boldfaced lie.

• Craig1 month agoReport

"Boldfaced lie" is a bit extreme.  There are diverse opinions on the question of what has produced the remarkable progress in civil rights since 1970.  Not everyone believes it was the result of activism, per se.

Sure, you can have your own lifestyle.  Most of the gay men don't associate with the things you mentioned. They are not part of any LGBT community or activist group.

• Craig1 month agoReport

Quite so.  Well put.

Neither are normal.

Lesbians, Gays, Bi's, Trans are ways of life, not banners that you have to wave and proclaim every day of your life. You should just live the life you choose and not have to march in parades, or wear badges on your backpack etc...You are not a spokesperson for the community and that's fine. I think most people who wave their reality in people's faces is a point of insecurity and they are trying to convince others and themselves of their choices and not a point of pride.

So, if you just want to live your life and be acknowledge for your individual you of who you are then do it.

NikkiTutorials (a transgender) never wanted people to know she's trans because she wanted to acknowledge for her work and not be a banner or spokesperson for the community.

• Craig1 month agoReport

Correct and accurate.  Good advice.

Yes!

The LGBT "community" is a myth anyway.

Gay men want nothing to do with lesbians, and vice versa.

And nobody wants anything to do with the trannies.

So congratulations on your independence from gay group-think!