Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

Boyfriends' Mom is toxic & her husband tried to f*ck me....?

My boyfriend & I have been dating for 6 years now.

A few years ago we were paying rent, living in his moms basement.

It was great in the beginning, but after a few months I started getting a lot of signs that his mom is a toxic parent. One example- she would cry on the phone with my boyfriend saying to have fun with his "new mom" and "new family" (she means my family) whenever we were w/ my family. Things like that kept happening but it got worse when I decided I wanted to get a tattoo (my body! not hers!). When she saw it, she flipped out & CRIED. She said she didn't want her son dating someone who looks like they do drugs, etc. She would talk sh*t about me & she would refer to me as his "little girlfriend"

The more important incident that happened was with my boyfriends' step dad. He came downstairs one day when no-one else was home & kept knocking on our bedroom door. When I opened it, he kept trying to push his way in & he told me he wanted to f*ck me. I physically fought his step-dad. We told his mom & ALL SHE SAID WAS "he was probably drunk" she NEVER APOLOGIZED, never brought it back up, & acted like nothing happened.  

I eventually moved out & 2 years have passed since then.

My boyfriend & his older sister are throwing a b-day party for their mom. My boyfriend & his sister want me there.

My question is: Should I go or should I stick to my decision not to go & have my boyfriend think that I don't care about his family?

i wouldve told the police about what his stepdad did

Ask yourself "would the guest of honor want me there?"   Then act accordingly.

Fvck your bf and his family get rid of them

• Edwena

It you and your bf are satisfied with the status quo, then maintain the status quo. If not, then do something different.

I would go but have a plan. This may sound weird but mentally come up with how you want to react when you see his mom or sister. I also like to mentally think of a version of myself, like how i want to show up. Things like "Positive, supportive, confident, i will stand up for myself." Think of any triggers, "when drama is shown, i will only listen not participate in it". Have an anchor thought "Just one day, i'm doing this for my bf..."

I do this with my family vacations that I know there will be alcohol around. I do a mental run down how i want to show up and mentally come up with a plan to avoid drinking.

• Jerry

You have more than enough reasons not to go. Your BF should reach inside his underwear and see if he's still a man! His mother is definitely toxic, to put it mildly, and the step dad is fortunate you didn't have him charged. He's guilty of assault and possibly attempted rape... I hope he's given you more support than you've documented here.

• Kyle

if his dad tried to rape you, and he'll be there, i wouldn't go.  period.  if your boyfriend can't see what's wrong with that, might be time to find a new partner.  

I am assuming you've told your boyfriend his step dad tried to rape you? If so what the fook is he doing even ASKING you to go there?