SarAh asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

My dog is excessively panting and shaking ?

Is it because it’s still 26 at night here and is too hot for her, I’ve tried puttin cold towel over her to cool her down , what else can I do

• denise

If she's overheating, try standing her in a cool shower,  hose her down in the garden / yard,  or use a spray bottle filled with cool water.

Yeah My dog gets like that , Sounds like Room is too hot for her , if it’s 26 at night inside will probly be around 30 with all the electronics on 

• Edwena

Air circulation.  Both of you need to get in a breeze from a fan. The temperature is not that hot unless the humidity is high.  A fan will evaporate the moisture on your skin faster and keep you cool.  Don't put water on the dog.  It could make it worse.  What you need is air flow and evaporation. 

• Maxi

Don't put a cold towel over her, that causes more humidity  issues, lie it on the floor so she can lay on it...put electolite in her drinking water and if you don't have any a spoon of glucose and a pinch of salt  is an alternative. A fan, open the window, take her out for a lead walk

• Trey1 month agoReport

Wait there a sec Maxi but if his dog is hot why would the dog wanna go in the mums room with both parents In bed and not just 1

There are many reasons why a dog could be panting, it neccessary doesn't have to be due to being hot. Dogs pant when they are stressed, nervous, anxious, etc. 

I guess you should go through a list of questions quickly in case shes panting because something serious is wrong and needs a vet ASAP.

-did something scare her in your room? EX: a broom falling as she walked through the door...someone intentionally scaring her as she went near by...etc.

-did you rearrange your room at all? i rearranged my livingroom once and my one dog panted and paced for a day or two.

-did she get into something? 

-did you recently give her new food? new treats?

-did you take her out outside of your house and yard and did she get into something in the public?

If nothing in the environment changed and she didn't get into something then I would maybe call your vet and see what they say. But please keep in mind that dogs do pant for many different reasons.

• Mel1 month agoReport

Like I've said before dogs don't randomly become afraid of a room unless something happened and it scared them enough to become afraid. Emergency vest are ALWAYS opened in the middle of the night hence why they are called emergency vets, their office hours are during the time regular vets are closed

How about getting her to the emergency veterinarian????

How do you  know the dog is THAT HOT?  Dogs can pant & shake due to PAIN!!!!!!!