How do I relocate to take college course with no money?

My doctor says I was born with a disorder that has caused me mobility issues.  My job demands that I be on my feet for an 8 hour shift but it's becoming increasingly harder to do.  I can't move fast enough to suit my employer and it's becoming incredibly difficult for me to pick something up off the floor.  If I have to get on the floor, I have a heck of a time trying to get back up without help.  I've tried to push myself and cover it up, but lately my boss has been noticing.  He told me I should consider applying for disability before I get fired.  

I get dirt pay for my present job so I barely make it to the next paycheck.  I wanted to take a locksmith course which isn't available locally so I would have to quit my job and relocate with no money.  My dad says if I take out a loan, I'll still be paying it back when I'm 90 years old.

The other option would be to try to find another crap job where I don't need to be on my feet, hope to make it to age 62 then take the penalty and take an early retirement.  

My dad said I had my chance to go to college and blew it so my parents refuse to help.  I was even told they won't even co-sign for an apartment.  My dad says I'm just lazy and looking for lazy work and he won't have any part of it.

I don't see how you would qualify for disability when your job has done nothing to cause your health issues.  Either quit and get another sh*t job where you don't have to stand and bend so much - a job you can actually do without so much difficulty or - I don't see any other option.  A student loan would pay for most or all of the course but moving to go there - that would be on you - rent, food, transportation.  With another sh*t job, you could at least save some money to take the course and would have to travel so far for such a course?  I mean, the course itself can't be all that expensive.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
  • y

locksmith has to have mobility, they have to go to most customers. Be able to bend and twist down low. Not a good choice for one with mobility issues. I know becouse I looked into it, i also have mobility issue and can no longer work in the field were I am trained to.

• Tavy

Why do you need to go to college for this. Most locksmiths are trained on the job. Here in the U.K. this is normal. You don't need to pay out thousands for training, it's not rocket science.

Talk to any of these businesses in your area. 

You don't with no money.