nat asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 3 weeks ago

bleaching box dyed hair?

just some background: bleached my hair one time in july and box dyed it black on halloween 2019. dyed it about 2 more times (black box dye again), last time being a month ago. i wamt to bleach my hair again using the manic panic 40vol bleach thingy and then use temporary blue dye - thinking of going half black half blue. should i buy colour remover and use it or just use the bleach and then colour?? any advice would be useful. thanks.

Yeah. consult your hairdresser or simply don't do it. With all the processing your hair has gone through; you run the risk of it falling out of being completely fried. 

The proper thing to do would be to go to a salon and consult a professional. If you don't care about your hair and the damage you are doing to it at home, you need to do this step by step and not expect the color to lift all in one day. You're going to bleach out the black with 40? Your hair will not only be completely fried and damaged, but also be a lovely Bozo-Orange and nothing, besides dying it red or orange will cover it properly. 

If you want to do this at home, start off with low volume bleach and go gradually over the course of a month. You must do treatments in between this time so you don't lose your hair. A lot of professionals in the hair industry have a saying with pics of celebrities taped up at their stations- "Not even all the money in the world can make you platinum blonde in ONE day." It takes time and patience. 

You're also hearing from someone who destroyed their hair, going from bleach to color to black, to bleach to color to black, all over the again FOR YEARS. 2 years ago, my hair was falling out in clumps because of how much damage I did and I ended up shaving my head. Go slowly, please. I urge you. Do what you want, but GO SLOWLY and MINIMAL. Your hair can only take so much before it's fried completely and you have to cut away the damage; it can't be reversed.

I feel you should consult a qualified hairdresser, so you don't damage your hair, due to stripping of the bleach and not letting your hair rest in between dyes.

bleach is colour remover and there is bleach in colour remover. so just one will be enough