Is there a difference between living as happy as we want to be as oppose to living a moral life style?

What I'm trying to convey is that, if we decide what is moral and what makes us happy. Does that differ from living an objective moral way. Happiness contrast to the way we are aught to live with dignity and character.

I don;t think the two are opposed.

I can be very happy indeed, and live morally (or ethically, as I prefer). I'm not greedy, and am willing to be patient, be tolerant, and to remember that others have as much right as I do. I live with dignity, and I help people in my community to live with dignity, as well.

And I need to threats of eternal punishment nor any blandishments from con artists selling their imaginary gods to do so.

Don't ask christians that question - you'd be talking to the Cult of 100% Hypocrisy.

When it comes to their stated values, the NT Teachings of Jesus Christ - they ALL

refuse EVERY DAY to live by his NT Teachings and expectations of them. Every

day they consciously refuse to live by his tenets, and crap on christ daily.

Somehow, christians think that THIS was one of christ's messages:

"Instead of taking your excess and helping others,

I suggest you use it consistently on frivolous things for yourself.

Buy excessively and lavishly, and revel in the material things of society.

Hoard wealth whenever you can. Don't take your excess and give it to the poor

who need it, JUST BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I WOULD DO…

Ignore my teachings. Pick only the easy ones to live by, and disregard the rest.

Just say nice things about me... and say "I'm not perfect, so I don't have to try!"

and then, yeah, you have your ticket to heaven. Because I want my followers

to take the LOW ROAD every time!

For goodness sakes - don't make your life inconvenient,

just because being a true follower requires sacrifice! -- the

only thing that's in the balance is just eternal life. No big deal!!"

• Gloria

That would depend on what makes us happy.  We could live a moral lifestyle and still be happy as we want to be.

• oscar30344 weeks agoReport

That is true but not to all though. 

• Dooby

There is no objective morality. All morality is a construct. You may consider your morality objective within your overall social conditioning, but it is not actually objective.

There is no difference between happy or moral in your question. Both are simply a choice. The same.

Happiness is not doing to others what you hate. If you can live this way, you will engage in behaviors that are caring and thoughtful. You will be living a moral life; making people happy and that will make you happy.

It's the opposite I would say.  Morality and happiness is totally COMPATIBLE

It's people who live an immoral lifestyle who are miserable because they know inside that they are being immoral and it doesn't make a person happy at all.

Having a relationship with our Creator and Complying with the laws of God our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ our Saviour bring absolute peace, inner joy and happiness.  Nothing else even comes close - especially immorality and not living with dignity and character

Is there a difference between living as happy as we want to be as opposeD to living a moral life style?

What I'm trying to SAY is that, if we decide what is moral and what makes us happy, [comma] does that differ from living IN an objectiveLY moral way? 

Happiness contrast to the way we are Ought to live with dignity and character. -- Not a sentence.

Answer:  what makes some people happy isn't moral.

• oscar30344 weeks agoReport

That's what I'm talking about. Many people live happy and that is not a moral way of living. 

Oh, so religious people can't be happy and moral at the same time?

You poor thing.

• barty

I can't imagine how living with dignity and respect for others could be incompatible with happiness. Seems like that's the surest path to happiness.

• oscar30344 weeks agoReport

Apparently not. Not all of us have the same idea of what is happiness. There are many sick people that love things out of the pleasure of pain of itself or pain of others. I see a problem with that because not all of us have the same taste for happiness.