Can you still attend a women’s domestic violence ?

Shelter if you no longer identify yourself as a women and you identify yourself as a non binary or transgender man

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Well, I know this isn't the same thing but I used to go to a woman's group after being on hormones and still identified as a trans man and no one even confronted me, they just turned a blind eye. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If you identify as a transman you are not allowed to go to a women's shelter.!!!

Does that really need to be explained to you?

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

See, this pisses me off. You know you're a goddam woman. You can't have it both ways. You can't pretend your sex doesn't exist, sexism against you because of it isn't real, then use services set up for that. I do think you have the right to women's shelters for the record--your hypocrisy just annoys me-- but transwomen absolutely do NOT. The problem is how much you've been able to disguise yourself as male, because that will freak out PTSD victims who're specifically in a women-only rape shelter for that reason.

Transwomen should never ever ever be allowed in women's-only shelters. It's tailor-made for their abusers to just self-ID themselves in. They should have used all their billionaire money to build trans shelters. I'd even donate. They won't do though. They'd rather harm women than do the right thing.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes. In general transphobia is much stronger towards M2F than other trans people.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

This is an issue that's very much in flux right now. Depending on how a non-binary person looks, that could be what gets them barred from a shelter. Self identified trans men will almost surely be barred.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No.

Only genetic women are allowed at women's shelters.  

• Anonymous
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

She is a genetic woman, who is pretending she's a man. Also unfortunately any man can claim he's a woman and waltz into a rape shelter right now.

• 4 weeks ago

Maybe, but I don't think most would want to do that. Most have an aversion to doing things that mark them as the gender they no longer identify with.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.