When buying a Toilet/Bathing Soap, what factors make you choose one Brand over the other ?
- 4 weeks ago
I usually give these factors a thought:
1. My body usually gets irritated with soaps due to the artificial fragrance in it. So, the first thing I look at is if it contains natural fragrance or essential oils.
2. The soap shouldn't be too pricey.
3. The most important, it should be gentle but do its job effectively.
4. It shouldn't contain harsh chemicals such as sulfates: SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) and SLES (sodium Laureth sulfate). Both strips the skin of its natural oils.
- NatashaLv 74 weeks ago
There's quite a few:-
- price. To me, soap is just soap. I wouldn't pay pounds for something when cheaper varieties work just as well, since it's going to go down the drain anyway.
- scent. I'm autistic, and my main autistic hypersensitivity is to smell, so the scent of certain cleaning products - including hand wash and shower gel - can be physically uncomfortable for me.
- quality. I wouldn't pick something which I knew wasn't much good, but I also wouldn't bother with more expensive varieties when cheaper ones work just as well, otherwise it's essentially pouring money down the drain.
- RichardLv 74 weeks ago
Whatever soap is less expensive.
- sparrowLv 74 weeks ago
I like to buy inexpensive, but something that still does the job.
I don't want moisturizers, because I don't have dry skin, and
moisturizing shampoo just coats your hair, weighing it down.
After that, it's how it smells.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- BeverlyLv 64 weeks ago
Ingredients 1st, price 2nd.
- The Football GodLv 74 weeks ago
For toilets, it's germ killing, which means bleach to me. As for Irish Spring, I just like the taste.
- Vicky GLv 64 weeks ago
Not tested on animals.
- The MikelLv 74 weeks ago
Basically they are all the same otherwise.
Too strong of an aroma is distracting.
Some skin problems are aggravated by perfumes in soap.
- audreyLv 74 weeks ago
Smell. That's why I use Irish Spring.
- thinkingtimeLv 74 weeks ago
Ivory. No smell. It floats.