How did people communicate before Facebook? ?

I mean, how did you stay in touch? How did you know anything about anyone? 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

CB radio. Email. Bulletin boards (BBS). Instant messaging. Telephones (attached to things called wires). Post office (for sending and receiving letters or packages).

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Pagers, payphone, landlines, big *** tracfones and green screen Nokia's...oh dont forget MySpace. 😆

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

or yak on your Princess® phone in your bedroom with your friends, one at a time...

• Well I preferably visited my peoples to have conversations....

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Email, texting, phone calls letters. The biggest form of social media before Facebook though was IM. I can't remember if it was on AOL or Yahoo. But basically it was a lot like what Omegle is now. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Before Facebook and all these other social media sites, people used to write letters to one another, send emails and even talk on the phone. I liked how it was before social media. 

• 1 month ago

Primarily from IM (Yahoo Messenger or AIM), email, phone, and snail-mail. All this occurred before the advent of social media.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Before Facebook some people were using Myspace Other people used Email or the Phone

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

I have used email since about 1980 and phones since about 1965. The postal service has been around for a lot longer.

• Theo
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I'm not a FB user so I still do it old school. Phone calls and face to face still work great. I don't need to share everything with everyone and do not want to know everything about everyone.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yahoo messenger, ICQ, email, texting, phone calls. 

• Ron75
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

They wrote letters, and had conversations before these so called social media sites made morons out of all the younger generation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.