How did people communicate before Facebook? ?

I mean, how did you stay in touch? How did you know anything about anyone? 

CB radio. Email. Bulletin boards (BBS). Instant messaging. Telephones (attached to things called wires). Post office (for sending and receiving letters or packages).

Pagers, payphone, landlines, big *** tracfones and green screen Nokia's...oh dont forget MySpace. 😆

• Nuff Sed
      3 weeks agoReport

or yak on your Princess® phone in your bedroom with your friends, one at a time...

• Well I preferably visited my peoples to have conversations....

Email, texting, phone calls letters. The biggest form of social media before Facebook though was IM. I can't remember if it was on AOL or Yahoo. But basically it was a lot like what Omegle is now. 

Before Facebook and all these other social media sites, people used to write letters to one another, send emails and even talk on the phone. I liked how it was before social media. 

Primarily from IM (Yahoo Messenger or AIM), email, phone, and snail-mail. All this occurred before the advent of social media.

• Daniel

Before Facebook some people were using Myspace Other people used Email or the Phone

• Nuff Sed
      3 weeks agoReport

I have used email since about 1980 and phones since about 1965. The postal service has been around for a lot longer.

• Theo

I'm not a FB user so I still do it old school. Phone calls and face to face still work great. I don't need to share everything with everyone and do not want to know everything about everyone.

Yahoo messenger, ICQ, email, texting, phone calls. 

• Ron75

They wrote letters, and had conversations before these so called social media sites made morons out of all the younger generation.