? asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 4 weeks ago

Is forget your badge to clock-in at work is tardiness? Because they written me up for that?

If the effect of forgetting your badge was to make you 'tardy' then they were fully justified when they wrote you up.

Not really, but if it means you fail to clock in on time, the effect is the same. 

You are responsible for ensuring you are properly prepared. You will need to make a point of checking you have everything before you leave home in the morning.

If you're not in a union, then you can't really fight it, but if you are in a union, you should talk to a union comity person to remove the written document.

• Gert

You need to come to work prepared.

• Rick B

You are supposed to be at work with all your required materials at a certain time. If you are in the garage looking for your badge when it is time to work, then you are tardy. When I taught nursing student clinicals, I would send them home if they did not show up complete with their badge, their lab coat, etc.