matthew asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

Why do some men grow more chest hair than others?

I am 29 and I have a lot of chest hair; a real lot. Two of my best friends (aged 28 and 30) have next to none. My brother-in-law has some, in between. What determines the amount that men get? Please be more specific than just “genes”. What in the genes causes this?

• ron h

Some of us are lucky and are hairy.  It generally looks good.  Muscular and hairy looks good, but fat and hairy does not.  (Nor does fat and hairless).  As for "Please be more specific than just “genes."   You've got a computer, spend a little time reading about heredity and genes. "What in genes causes this?"   Some chromosome.  A different chromosome made you a man.  (The man and chest hair chromosomes are linked but they're separate.  Healthy and genetically normal women don't have chest hair, and only fortunate men have it).

• patty

its to do with the genes. Was your father hairy etc

• balan

THe DNA structure determines the hair growth ./If you do not like get rid of them by trimming. shaving or waxing . Else enjoy . Regards.