Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 4 weeks ago

Is sleeping less during puberty stunting my growth?

Doctor said when I was a kid that my expected height will be around or above 6'2. I am 5'10 and had my big growth spurt already. Every school day I get at most 5 hours 45 mins of sleep is this a reason im not as tall as I should be?

mom 5'8.5

dad 6'0

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Those doctor height predictions are often wrong, almost always in my experience. I was told I was going to be 5 foot 5, and im barley five feet tall, i might even be four 11 and a half inch. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • edward
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Teens and kids need more sleep than adults, they do their best growing at night

• balan
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

In any case chances of increasing the height after attaining the age of 18 years is very remote.If you are still below 18 years you may gain few inches more.Regsrds.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

no no it still isn't

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Like the weather, the nearer to the event time, the better the forecast.  A man's "should be" height is genetic, but the ultimate height is also influenced by health.  Malnutrition and some diseases can mess up growth. and I believe that some preemies are destined to be smaller because of some ot the things done to keep them alive in their early days.  So, sleep?  The need for sleep varies from one individual to the next, bit I'd guess that your overall health would be better if you could get in another 90 minutes if not 2 more hours.  If you're not sleeping enough, nutrition (minimize sugars) and al least moderate exercise are REALLY important. I'd call a good walk or biking to school moderate exercise.

• 4 weeks ago

doctors guess like everyone else

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Probably not, but it sure as hell is diminishing your body's health!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.