Republicans:  regarding the impeachment?

Would you consider giving me an intelligent, thorough reason as to why you don't believe the president withheld funds from Ukraine in order to serve himself personally?  I really am trying to understand your side of things.  Key words:  intelligent, thorough.  Thank you!

• JOHN B

He does not have to deny or agree that he did it. The prosecutors or accusers have to prove he did without a reasonable doubt. I am neutral. Personal opinions are irrelevant.

Who cares! Even if we believed he was guilty, we'd never admit it - just as no democrat thought Clinton was guilty.

What's happened justifies censure at best - not impeachment and removal from office.

• liddabet
      4 weeks agoReport

I am so incredibly far to the left, and I thought Clinton was wrong and I admitted it.  Did marital infidelity make him a danger to a nation?  Well, it certainly didn't gain us any respect.!  My question was why don't you believe Trump withheld funds from Ukraine?  Care to answer?

It's quite simple. "Did you know there’s a comprehensive treaty agreement that allows cooperation between the U.S. and Ukraine in the investigation and prosecution of crimes? It was passed when Joe Biden was a member of the U.S. Senate and signed by then-President William Clinton. . . . It appears President Trump was following the law to the letter when it comes to unearthing the long-standing corruption that has swirled in Ukraine and allegedly involves powerful Democrats like Joe Biden and others." https://www.lenconnect.com/news/20191027/letter-tr...

• liddabet
      4 weeks agoReport

Please - tell me where that treaty says that he can withhold funds without the authorization of congress.  My question was, why don't you believe that he withheld the funds?  Your answer went another route.  Care to try again?

They will just stick to the Kremlin's and Donald's talking points.

the phony "Biden scandal"

Looking into possible counterfeiting of a foreign corporation known for such misdeeds is just being RESPONSIBLE. Only a dim would call it illegal.

• liddabet
      4 weeks agoReport

Using U.S. funds to get what you want for personal gain is illegal.  Right?

At the very worst, Trump committed something called "mistake of fact".  What Democrats are accusing him of is a tactic that successful businessmen use all the time- Trump even boasted about similar business deals in one of his books.

Trump isn't a constitutional lawyer and may not have been aware of the legal side of things.  Democrats would have to prove that a lawyer informed him not to use those business tactics, and that Trump willfully ignored their advice, in order not to use the defense of "mistake of fact".

President Trump has an established track record of withhold aide to foreign countries. Trump asked Zelensky to look into corruption.  He didn't ask him to look into Biden's son. 

liberals lie and steal

• MJD4 weeks agoReport

We are talking about THE most corrupt president in our history, right? His looking into corruption of a foreign government out of the kindness of his heart is ludicrous.

It amazes me that Democrats have no problem with Joe Biden & son accepting millions in bribes while he was Vice President and Obama’s point man on Ukraine but consider it an impeachable offense for Trump to ask for the truth.

Trump didn’t ask anyone to lie about Biden did he?

There is no proof that there is any link between asking about an investigation of Biden’s corruption and any delay of funds.

Furthermore the Ukrainian President says there was no pressure. If he didn’t feel any pressure to investigate Biden to get the money then you have no case.

• liddabet
      4 weeks agoReport

If he withheld funds to Ukraine without congressional authorization, he absolutely did something wrong. My question was WHY don't you believe that he withheld the funds?  What facts and references to you have to support your belief that he didn't do that?  Care to answer?

• Edwena

Well, first consider that the problem does not occur unless there is a question about Joe & son being corrupt, and being dumb enough to admit to it on video. Perhaps the problem is that no respectable political party would be running a corrupt candidate as a leading presidential candidate.  Desperate.

• liddabet
      4 weeks agoReport

So, what I am understanding you to say is that Trump DID withhold the funds for personal gain, and it was okay for him not to have congressional approval to do it.  Is that right?