AllState took my $1k Deductible and saying I have to pay that to the Gmc Dealership fixing my truck How? When Allstate Took the money?

I don't remember it working that way? When I 1st got into the Wreck. Couple days later Allstate sent me a email saying they think my Yukon in Damages is worth $1300. After sending them pics of it

They sent me the $300 but kept the $1k for my Deductible. Gmc called saying my Truck should be ready by This Saturday.

I still have the $300 but I need to pay $1k to get the Truck out ? wtf how am i Post to do that when they took the Money. GMC Estimated Damages being $3gz Im So Lost! Havent got in a Wreck in like 15 yrs!

Does it work this way since I Caused the Wreck?

Doesn't matter what you think you remember, because yes it works that way.

You agreed to a $1,000 deductible when you set up the coverage on your truck.  The deductible is the part of the loss / damage that your policy doesn't pay.  They don't really care who does pay the deductible, as long as it's not them.  

What you're supposed to do is a) go back to school and learn basic spelling and b) pay the deductible like you originally agreed.  

• Edna

It works that way because. when you bought your policy, you chose to put a $1000 deductible on it.  That meant your insurance company will pay the cost of repairs  ABOVE $1000. Your damages were $1300. You have a $1000 deductible; so your insurance company sent you a check for $300.  (Total damage less deductible). You're going to have to come up with $1000 out of your pocket in order to pay for your auto repairs. 

You might want to consider having Allstate lower your deductible to $500. That's what most people have as the deductible on their policy. Lowering the deductible will increase the cost of your monthly premium a few dollars, but in the future it would be easier to come up with $500 than it is $1000. 

A "deductible" is the amount you agree to pay in the event of an accident, dumbass. In your case, that's $1000 out of your pocket. If you don't have $1000 in addition to the $300 the insurance company sent you, then you won't be getting your truck back until you pay it. Be aware that they will probably start charging you for storage of your vehicle too if you don't pay the bill immediately. I hope you have a credit card to use if you don't have the cash. In the future, if you don't want to pay a deductible if you have another accident, then you'll pay a higher monthly rate for insurance. 

Source(s): Get a clue. Ignorance rarely has an upside.

When your own insurance is paying for the repair, you pay the deductible and the insurance company pays for anything above that.

When the other party's insurance is paying, they cover everything because they are at fault.

You're supposed to use $1000 of your own money. That's why a deductible is. That's how it always works. You pay the deductible with your own money and the insurance pays the damage minus the deductible and the place doing the repairs gets the total of the damages.

• May

They didn't "keep" your $1,000.

You simply add your $1.000. (Your deductible) to the Insurance company's $300. and give it to the body shop to pay their $1,300.00 repair bill 

Case closed

That is how deductible works. If you have a deductible of $1,000 and the claims adjuster and the shop agree on $1,300 for the cost of the repair, your insurance subtracts the deductible amount and sends you the difference, or $300. YOU have to come up with the $1,000 yourself. That is what the deductible is all about. Allstate did not take money from you. It is called for under the policy you have.

If you had insurance with a zero deductible, you would have gotten a check for the full $1,300. And your insurance premium would be a lot higher than it is. If you paid that higher premium for a couple of years with no accidents, you would have spent more than $1,000 extra.

• Susie

They didn’t take your money. They subtract your $1k DEDUCTIBLE that YOU chose when you bought the policy.  If you had chosen a policy with $250 deductible they would have sent you $1050.  If actual estimates are $3000, then you need to let Allstate  know that and send them the estimates. You are old enough to own a car and don’t understand how deductibles work?  

• Zaphod Beeblebrox

Call them and say you don't understand what you have to do and that you would like them to explain it to you. It's pretty clear to us that you haven't got a clue, so swallow your pride and ask. .