Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 4 weeks ago

If my husband has a No Contact Order to stay from me because he was arrested for Battery Spouse...?

It was a push but he still got arrested months ago. it is mandatory for a No Contact Order to be placed on a victim here in CA for DV cases. Do the police or detectives actually go to the homes to see if the person is there or not?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

it is mandatory for a No Contact Order to be placed on a victim here in CA for DV cases.

WRONG. The protective order is against the person charged, NEVER the victim.

YOU are a text book example of why the choice isn't left up to the victim.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

To answer your question-

Will they just show up and do random searches? No, because the resources just aren't there for cops to go to every domestic violence victim home, to make sure the offender is complying with the court order.

However, if someone were to call the cops on him/you/both OR if you guys were pulled over for a traffic violation than yes, the cops would show up and he would be arrested for violating the order.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Yes, it is customary, and IF there is contact BOTH PARTIES are arrested for contempt of Court.  The Court takes these Orders very seriously.

Why did you notify the Police if you can't bear to be away from each other?

ALL it was "was a push?"  You are a fool.  Next time it will be a punch.

Are you as desperate for companionship as you sound?  Women JUST like you make it very difficult for women like ME, women who are in an abusive relationship, to be believed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.