Kathy asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

Why does he always ask me this question?

My dentist appointment two months before I turned the age to drive in my state was a routine cleaning & checkup; shortly after he walked in and started to put something up on the wall (probably x-rays), he looked at me and asked, "Are you getting your permit?" Since I assumed I was going to altho I don't want to, I may have nervously/carelessly replied *maybe* By the 2nd appointment, he talked fast when I was about to stand up from the dentist chair while he was still sitting on that stool by my side, "You're old enough to drive, right?" Immediately after I said *yeah* he continued talking fast, "But you don't drive yet?" Shaking my head & quickly saying *no* was before he let me out of it. Now, he's been asking me if I drive for the past like 7 appointments. I can't stand him asking me such personal question and it's not even the only one. Before you say that he's just making conversation, he even suddenly turned his head towards me while he was bent over during my cavity-filling appointment today & asked while he was like 10 feet away even AFTER he numbed me up, "Do you drive?" Since I assumed the novocain was taking effect, I shook my head clumsily with my mouth lightly open. (If he wanted to ask me, I wish he asked BEFORE numbing me up.)

Why does he always ask me it?

• PAMELA
    Favorite Answer

Who knows, tell him to mind his own business or find another dentist.

Tell your dentist, "Sorry, I'm rather slow and do not understand the custom of casual conversation".

he might be just trying to make conversation