What is your favorite band, singer or song from the 1960s?

Favorite Answer

I'll pick one from each category. 

- Band...Sly and the Family Stone

- Singer...Tom Jones (the best singer I've heard live)

- Song...Light My Fire by The Doors

- Album...Lawrence Of Arabia (Original Soundtrack Recording) by Maurice Jarre, The London Philharmonic Orchestra ‎

Grateful dead,Jerry Garcia,song New potato caboose

• mars

Favorite band: The Beatles/ Singer: Jack Bruce (Cream)/ Song: Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix Experience):  https://youtu.be/cJunCsfhJjg

Youtube thumbnail

• mars
      4 weeks agoReport

Correct link is. https://youtu.be/cJunCsrhJjg

Beatles, Doors, Animals, Rolling Stones, Cream, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Credence Clearwater Revival, Crosby Stills and Nash, Simon and Garfunkel, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, Rod Stewart.

The Velvet Underground

• Teva

I'd have to say the mothers of invention

• Teva
      4 weeks agoReport

Fav was we're only in it for the money, 69 i think 

I think Led Zeppelin. Their first album was from the 60s. So many other bands borrowed things from them. Guns N Roses, White Stripes, Muse, etc.. The Rolling Stones, and Beatles have great original songs but I have to go with Zeppelin because they had the best drummer, and singer. I actually think I prefered Pink Floyd's first singer. Zeppelin's drummer is probably the best drummer I've ever heard and the fact he drummed like a drum machine is noticible. His drums sound like they were digitally quantized to the millisecond at times. I don't really like James Brown too much. I like Hector Lavoe better. As far as African Americans I liked a lot of the black Doo Woop, pop singers back then, more then Brown. I would have to go back and listen to get the groups names. I only like one of James Browns songs. I don't listen to Run DMC, NWA, KRS One, Rakim. I like some rap Nas, Wu Tang, Slick Rick, Special Ed. A lot of their rap has different tonal quality in the voice, and beats.

Source(s): I like Muse Uprising more then 90 percent of Kanye's stuff.