What is your favorite band, singer or song from the 1960s?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

I'll pick one from each category. 

- Band...Sly and the Family Stone

- Singer...Tom Jones (the best singer I've heard live)

- Song...Light My Fire by The Doors

- Album...Lawrence Of Arabia (Original Soundtrack Recording) by Maurice Jarre, The London Philharmonic Orchestra ‎

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

Grateful dead,Jerry Garcia,song New potato caboose

• mars
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Favorite band: The Beatles/ Singer: Jack Bruce (Cream)/ Song: Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix Experience):  https://youtu.be/cJunCsfhJjg

Youtube thumbnail

• mars
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Correct link is. https://youtu.be/cJunCsrhJjg

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Beatles, Doors, Animals, Rolling Stones, Cream, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Credence Clearwater Revival, Crosby Stills and Nash, Simon and Garfunkel, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, Rod Stewart.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

The Velvet Underground

• Teva
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

I'd have to say the mothers of invention

• Teva
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

Fav was we're only in it for the money, 69 i think 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I think Led Zeppelin. Their first album was from the 60s. So many other bands borrowed things from them. Guns N Roses, White Stripes, Muse, etc.. The Rolling Stones, and Beatles have great original songs but I have to go with Zeppelin because they had the best drummer, and singer. I actually think I prefered Pink Floyd's first singer. Zeppelin's drummer is probably the best drummer I've ever heard and the fact he drummed like a drum machine is noticible. His drums sound like they were digitally quantized to the millisecond at times. I don't really like James Brown too much. I like Hector Lavoe better. As far as African Americans I liked a lot of the black Doo Woop, pop singers back then, more then Brown. I would have to go back and listen to get the groups names. I only like one of James Browns songs. I don't listen to Run DMC, NWA, KRS One, Rakim. I like some rap Nas, Wu Tang, Slick Rick, Special Ed. A lot of their rap has different tonal quality in the voice, and beats.

Source(s): I like Muse Uprising more then 90 percent of Kanye's stuff.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.