Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 2 months ago

Is this an acceptable photo to post on Instagram? 24M 84F?

Hi everyone,

I am mulling over whether to post a photo - which I think is nice - onto my Instagram to my followers (approx. 170, and all mainly my age - 24M). It is me with a friend, 84F - who is my nana's neighbour. I had a great night tonight playing Scrabble with her. She lives on her own and doesn't really have many visitors. I have really got to know her very well since my Grandad passed away last summer. My mum took the photo.

I really love the photo, and would love to share it with my friends- but do you think that it lacks context - particularly given that my friend is NOT my nana? Also, would it be seen as a little weird? After all, I don't see many similar posts from those I follow on Instagram - it's often much more youthful! Context: if it helps - I have Aspergers and worry (perhaps) too much as to people's thoughts on this.

I wanted to post the photo with the caption 'Mary (name changed) teaching me the ins-and-outs of Scrabble!' or something similar.

tl;dr - Should I post the photo and caption on Instagram?

Wot? It's ok if you like to taste the elder berry every now and then, nobody is judging you.

you can absolutely use it, theres no problem with posting a picture with a friend. im sure everybody will be fine with it. its probably because of the aspergers that makes you not wanna post it. it will be absolutely fine you can also use the caption but its only optional

: )

You can use it. No issues will be arise. Lots of photos already uploaded there like yours.

There is nothing wrong with that. Most people won't think much of it anyways.

i dont see anything wrong with it

There should be MORE people like you who visit our elders, and are confident enough to post a pic! Maybe the Asperger's makes you worry some - but it also is making you a kinder, better person! Proud of you!!!

I think it's okay if the other person in the picture doesn't mind. I'm not a huge fan of instagram in general, though.

Personally, I think that would be a really good thing to post on Instagram. It seems really nice that you take time to hang out with someone who doesn't do that a lot, especially an elderly person.