Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 2 months ago

Help?! (Dry feet)?

I lotion my feet all the time it keeps drying up and looking like this... I just don't know what to do 

go see a dermotologist about it

Step #1:   You have layers of dry dead skin that are cracked and there is really nothing that will rehydrate them for very long.  You need to exfoliate your foot by getting a pedicure/foot treatment or use some kind callus file (like an Amope Pedi) to remove all of the dry skin. 

Step #2:  Once you've gotten down to new healthy skin, you can moisturize daily and keep things looking good and under control.  Rinse your feet in warm water before bed and then put cream on your feet overnight.  Consider getting one especially formatted for dry, cracked feet. 

This is very common during cold dry weather.  

• Susie

A lot of lotions have alcohol which is counterproductive.  Check ingredients.  A thick hand cream is usually better than a lotion.   The best thing is to slather Vaseline on feet and put on socks (so you don’t stain sheets) before you go to bed.