Dirac
Dirac asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 4 weeks ago

Why does Horse keeping showing a chart of tornado number and claiming that it proves something about global warming?

The problems are two-fold: (1) tornado number is subject to large error--there is no way to count all the tornadoes that occur, you need to have a skilled observer in the vicinity. (2) Who said that tornadoes would increase with global warming anyway? There are competing effects--more potential energy but less vertical wind shear, so whether tornadoes go up, down or stay in the same is not clear.

Horse, answering as "rick", says "The charts are from NOAA, scientists, and/or other peer reviewed research.Do you think you know more than experts?" But I am not questioning the accuracy of the chart, the problem is with Horse's ignorant interpretation of it--he has no clue about the limitations of the data set. And of course, I am an expert too--I am a working professional in the field with a Ph.D.

Favorite Answer

When deniers start ranting about tornados, you know nothing real will follow. 

The IPCC AR5 predicted “hurricanes” in the future would be fewer but more powerful. What did they say about tornadoes, basically that they could not predict what would happen to tornados, that’s now over a decade ago, yet deniers still keep try to make claims about tornado predictions, predictions that where never made.

• Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

<yet deniers still keep try to make claims about tornado predictions, predictions that where never made.>   Evidence?

• John

Theres a rumor along with increased warming gases with come drought and increased frequency and intensity of storms like tornados and hurricanes. I don't know whether the hurraicain are land or ocean.

That's all I know about it Mr scientist PhD.

I'm preparing for the coming catastrophe, the catacylismic eruption of catch 22 error with the super sciences we as humanity have been using, nuclear gemticis bio development.

Just the crazy antismoking propaganda being laid now for limp wristed Nazi attempt of takeover of countries is a sign of their warped diseased minds in action.

The constant slaughter of animals for the almighty dollar  continues in their insanity.

Where are the horses? Dead and in your guts.

Ha! Ha! Diarrhea says, "I am a working professional in the field with a Ph.D." I believe him. The PHD stands for pretty heavy drinker. 

There is no credible institution of higher learning that would give that kind of diploma to someone who has admitted to not knowing when water boils. 

I may have to take that back, though. I heard somewhere that the Cuban Clown College (CCC) may be giving out Ph.D.s.

• Dirac
      4 weeks agoReport

I don't drink, never have.

• Daro

EVERYTHING now is cause by "American made Global Warming".

Even refugees fleeing socialist sh(twholz ...."climate refugees". Libs claim they did "studies" learning that "individual weather events" can now be used to PROVE the AGW scenario.

.

• ron h

Who is "horse" and WHAT "field" are you working in?  And your Ph.D?   OF COURSE you you're questioning "the accuracy of the chart." 

Yeah, sure; a "PhD."  Everyone on Yahoo is a PhD, a black belt, and has a super model GF. 

Let us know what else your crackpot website told you.

Because he is correct and you are a habitual liar.

There is little evidence that the warming of the twentieth and early twenty-first centuries has caused a general increase in “extreme” weather events. Meteorological science suggests a warmer world would see milder weather patterns.

• FSM

Horse thinks he knows better than experts.  Now there is nothing wrong with questioning experts, people make mistakes.  I have done it myself in the past and have pointed out some badly thought out electrical wiring rules that were causing problems.  The thing is that in order to make my case I had to show evidence to the experts.  It was actually surprisingly easy.

I am an atheist and I have an easy time explaining to priest why I am an atheist.  But when it comes to lay people who did not have the training priest had it is generally much harder.  Jim who used to post here is deeply religious, but even he understands my reasoning, even though he respectfully disagrees.

But when it comes to fanatics, it is simply impossible to have normal conversation, when they begin with claiming that CO2 is not a "greenhouse gas", there is no point arguing.  To them every one is brainwashed.  Even pointing out that pollution itself is not one of the cornerstones of capitalism, does not stop them from claiming that anti pollution = pro communism (and therefore anti capitalism)

Horse's mission here is to destroy any sense of reason why feed the troll?

• Daro
      4 weeks agoReport

As for "pro-communism". The current issue (Jan 20, 2020) of New American mag covers the reality of who and where pollution comes from. From the land use to the plastic in oceans claims, easily debunked. Gov. control = lower living standards and more pollution.

Some people just love googling stuff and copying and pasting without any thought about what the content actually means.

These self-appointed "experts" are very special people but really they should post this stuff in the entertainment category.