Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareFirst Aid · 3 months ago

Is it lethal ? ?

I was delivering food to someone’s house it was no more than 10 seconds the women opened her door her under eyes were dark she looked sick as if she had the flu she did not cough or sneeze I handed her the food and was maybe a arms reach away from her I went to my car and sanitized my hands very well Incase I touch my face should I be concerned about getting the flu like this

Also would the flu kill someone who’s healthy in there 20s if treated ?

The cases I hear about people dying is the fact that they wait so long before seeking health the reason they die?

• Edna

A healthy person in their 20's almost never dies of the flu. People who die of the flu usually die because they already have a respiratory infection (such as pneumonia) and the flu exacerbates their pneumonia, or their immune system is shot to heck for some other reason - (chemo, for example). 

You have a better chance of winning a million-dollar lottery, than you do of catching the flu from just handing someone some food through their door.  

I would schedule a visit with your family doctor tomorrow.  When they ask you what brings you in today you can show them what you have written here.  Ask them to give you a complete physical and neurological exam including a flu test.  Be sure to ask for a referral to a mental health professional so they can evaluate your mental state.  Be sure to show them your question so they can help you with your health anxiety.

i dont think so, if you have a good immune system i wouldnt worry about it

• Susie

Different people react differently. Best to take precautions all the time. Use that sanitizer after looking at restaurant menus too.  And after handling money. Both are very dirty.  Wash hands several times throughout the day.  Wipe the grocery cart handles and child seat.  These should become normal daily habits.  

• mokrie

You should be totally fine. Did you get the flu shot? If you did your totally safe since people that die are the ones that never got the shot. With the shot you can still get the flu but won't die. You just feel like you have a bad cold for 4 or 5 days.

Some flue strains can indeed be lethal.

Yet you have no evidence that his woman has the flue or indeed any contagious disease. She may be a drug addict, have cancer or even have some sort of skin pigmentation condition.

My advice is to relax. 

Your hands were cleansed in a timely fashion. You're young and fit.

Even if at sometime you do contract a deadly strain of the flue - which is fairly unlikely, your chances of full recovery are very high.

I should think you have nothing to worry about.

If you really do have concerns about contagious diseases, then working closely with members of the public is perhaps the wrong type of job for you.