Can adoption be reversed?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • kitta
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, in some situations. Some adult adopted persons have been "adopted back" by birth parents. This requires that the adopted person and the birth parents /parent  desire the adoption. It does not require permission from  the previous adoptive parents.

It is also possible to adopt back a child in a situation with a minor child where the adoption has not worked out well for the child. In this case, the adoptive parents and birth parents must seek approval from the court. If all are in agreement that 'adopting-back" is in the child's best interest, then the child can be "re-adopted" by the birth parents/parent and the original adoption will no longer be valid.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

yes, just chuck it back

• 3 weeks ago

Yes, you can just leave the child at somebody else's doorstep. This only works if they are young and stupid and don't know their left from right.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Maybe.  In my case (long time ago) my mom & dad had a year "warrenty" on me.  If during that year they felt it was not gonna work out, they could return me to the adoption agency.  This was BEFORE they would issue a legal adoption.  Once that was signed, they couldn't return me.  You'd have to check the laws in your state or country.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

In what type of situation?

• 4 weeks ago

Yup, just like bio parents parenthood can be reversed by TPR. There are other ways to do it, like a Motion to Reconsider and an Appeal and CPS can do an emergency removal and put the kid into a group home or foster care resulting in re-adoption and the current adoptive parents can execute an entrustment agreement with DSS enabling re-adoption, but no facts = no facts.

• 4 weeks ago

Hypothetically voluntarily by allowing some to then adopt the child back, sure.

Can you put your child up for adoption and later go get them back? No.

• 4 weeks ago

i know a couple that adopted a chinese girl....not compatible and was sent back

• 4 weeks ago

anything is possible

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Giving up an adopted child is the same as giving up a biological child.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.