promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Oil leak while car is running?

This morning I discovered I have a BAD oil leak only when the car is running looks like it’s coming from the front part of the engine didn’t have my jack so I wasn’t able to get under there much but I see what area it’s coming from but can’t exactly see what part and it only does it while the car is running and it’s just not a couple drops the oil is coming out just as fast as you pour it in..Looks like it’s coming exactly under from where you pour the oil in any idea what it may be?? Taking it to a shop in the morning

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Good car parts from https://automotivestuff.com

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

This is called a pressure leek, most likely it is the front seal, Start by looking there, you mite want to us a mirror to check it!

• M.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The oil pan drain plug is out?

• JJ
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Keep it full of oil or you will be sorry.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dan
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Yeah, sounds bad. I'll swing by and have a look this afternoon, we can compose a better question so that people here have snowball's chance in hell of knowing what you're talking about.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

maybe you should get a mechanic to check it out

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Get the car towed.  The mechanic will tell you what is wrong with it.   We are all just guessing here and we will not be able to fix your car.

• 3 months ago

Did you take it to jiffy lube they sabotage your car on purpose it's probably antifreeze.

• 3 months ago

Most likely, since it just started and wasn't doing this in recent days, is the cylinder head is warped and oil is leaking between the cylinder head and engine block. Or, IF the oil filter is in this location, the oil filter may be a bit loose.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Like we can see what you do? Taking it to a shop or towing it?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.