Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 4 weeks ago

Where is my 2018 tax refund from H&R Block? ?

I’ve used H&R Block online to file my taxes since 2014. Last week when I was doing my 2019 refund on the website, it gave me an option to see my 2018 refund for $9.99. I also had the option to see a lot of info from last years refund without paying. Figured I didn’t need to see my past refund. A week later, I’m playing with my 2019 refund still, and the option to see my 2018 refund is completely gone. It doesn’t even have the other years as options. Wtf? I was about to pay the $10 to compare last years and this years before I completed it! Any idea why it suddenly disappeared? 

Side note: a few days ago the site crashed on me. Eventually letting me sign in again with my normal username and password, but completely erased my current return I’ve been working on! Had to redo the whole thing. I’m sure something happened and that’s why it won’t show my past refunds now but... it doesn’t make sense because I’m on the same username and password as all my priors. 

• Eva

That's why you always print out your return when you've finished it.

You can download IRS Form 4506-T and get an account transcript showing what you refund was for zero.

• Erik

Typical H&R Block nonsense.  Why should they charge for that, especially if you paid them for filing last year?  It should be FREE.  Of course you should have it in last year's return anyway.

A refund is the money that is sent back to you. 

A return is the documentation that you provide to the IRS and the state.

Why would you pay $10 to see your 2018 return?  Don't you save a copy?  If you don't, you can get a copy for free from the IRS/State.