When do vizsla puppies start to bark?

Update:

She is 4 months old

7 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Barking depends on the pups individual personality and traits and not on its breed.

Some pups are very vocal and others hardly ever make a sound. also there are many different `bark` sounds that dogs make. eg: excited barks, scared barks, aggressive barks, curiosity barks, territorial barks....the list goes on. There IS no set time for when a dog starts to bark. Dogs breeds originally bred for defense work, `may` bark at an earlier age than a dog bred as a pet or for hunting,racing, etc. The Vizsla breed is not a very vocal breed.

Info: https://www.hillspet.com/dog-care/dog-breeds/vizsl...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Be thankful if you have a quiet puppy!!   She will bark if the situation warrants.   One of mine (different breed) is 10+ years, and rarely barks!!   He lets his companion do all the yapping.   Unfortunately!

• Bort
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

They should start barking between 3 and 4 weeks old. Here is an article you would have found, too, if you googled that explains their puppy stages:

https://sites.google.com/site/maggivizsla/happy-cu...

Puppy barks might be more of a squeak than a bark until they grow a bit and their vocal chords and pallet grows with them. If she's not barking yet at all it might be possible she's mute or was taken from the litter and her mother too early and hasn't figured out how to bark yet. Start socializing her with other dogs. That should help her learn things she needs to learn that a human isn't able to teach her. 

If you haven't had her to the vet yet you should have. If you're concerned about her even slightly, take her to the vet. 

• 4 weeks ago

There is so much about this & all breeds online that you should have been able to find all kinds of information. I understand them to be a unique dog, you must learn about them.

You have probably already seen this if you've done any research on the breed.

(c/p)Vizslas maybe walking about at the same time. At 3 weeks, ears should also be open and teeth will appear. By the end of this first puppy stage, he is aware of the world around him and is walking, barking and interacting with his littermates.

sites.google.com › happy-customers › puppy-vaccination-schedule-1

Puppy Stages - Magi's Vizslas - Google Sites

This is just part of the google search I did using your question.

• no name4 weeks agoReport

Thank you so much Yes we researched it and everyone has different answer. We r going with yours's Thanks. WE just bought a 4 month old vizsla.
       Thanks again

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Puppies rarely bark seriously (i.e., protectively)  until at least 6 months.  But the Vizsla is NOT a protective dog, so it is unlikely to bark unless AFRAID or excited.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Lift its tail and look.

• Jess
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

I think that's typically around the age when they might start becoming vocal. I think it depends on the dog and its personality. 

I have a lab who barks all the time at anything and anyone. 

But the dog that I had before my current dog was also a lab and she rarely barked. She would usually only bark if she spotted a squirrel in the backyard. Other than that, she was very quiet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.