Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 months ago

Is my mom's and stepdad's child my sister?

She is 16 years younger than me and my mom is 37 now. My stepdad is a shithead so yeah and my mom is in a completely different life situation and age now. Their child really doesn't feel like my sister at all to be honest.

• Edna

Even if the child is 16 years younger than you, the child your mother & your stepfather had together IS your sister. She is your half-sister. You both share the same mother. 

She's your half sister, a half sibling shares one of your parents. 

Source(s): I've got half siblings
  • Carmen

If you accept her she will be your stepsister by marriage how is your relationship with your stepsister ? Pray for strength to deal with your situation in a positive peaceful manner despite your father demeanor .

You have a stepsister whether you like it or not. There is nothing you can really do about it.

• Edna

The child is his half-sister; she's not his stepsister. His "stepsister" would be the child of his stepfather and some other woman his father was previously married to.. This child is the child of his mother & his stepfather. Both children share the same mother. 

shes your half sister

She's your half sister. Half because she's your mothers daughter, but different father. Siblings never feel like siblings until you're an adult. I was never close with my brother growing up. He gave me scars and knocked the wind out of me more times than I can count (rough housing, not abuse). He's married now with children of his own and we're finally developing a relationship. That's just how it is sometimes. Growing up you're in your own world. Just wait till you both are older.

• Tepee

She is your half-sister whether you like her or not.

Yes she really is your sister. My Mom was 17 when my Uncle was born. I am a year younger than my Uncle and my brother is 2 weeks older than our Uncle. I feel like we were more siblings than my Mom and him.

• Clive

She's your half-sister. This is exactly the same situation as my Dad - his Dad died when Dad was only 5, his Mum married again and had three more children, so they were his half-brothers and half-sister.

• GB

You share less genes with a half sister than what you call a real one.  But  you might not feel close emotionally because of the age gap

How your stepsister feels is immaterial.

She's your half sister born of your sh*thead stepfather and the idiot who married him.