promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 months ago

Is my mom's and stepdad's child my sister?

She is 16 years younger than me and my mom is 37 now. My stepdad is a shithead so yeah and my mom is in a completely different life situation and age now. Their child really doesn't feel like my sister at all to be honest.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Even if the child is 16 years younger than you, the child your mother & your stepfather had together IS your sister. She is your half-sister. You both share the same mother. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

She's your half sister, a half sibling shares one of your parents. 

Source(s): I've got half siblings
  • Carmen
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

If you accept her she will be your stepsister by marriage how is your relationship with your stepsister ? Pray for strength to deal with your situation in a positive peaceful manner despite your father demeanor .

• 3 months ago

You have a stepsister whether you like it or not. There is nothing you can really do about it.

• ...Show all comments
    • Edna
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

The child is his half-sister; she's not his stepsister. His "stepsister" would be the child of his stepfather and some other woman his father was previously married to.. This child is the child of his mother & his stepfather. Both children share the same mother. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

shes your half sister

• 3 months ago

She's your half sister. Half because she's your mothers daughter, but different father. Siblings never feel like siblings until you're an adult. I was never close with my brother growing up. He gave me scars and knocked the wind out of me more times than I can count (rough housing, not abuse). He's married now with children of his own and we're finally developing a relationship. That's just how it is sometimes. Growing up you're in your own world. Just wait till you both are older.

• Tepee
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

She is your half-sister whether you like her or not.

• 3 months ago

Yes she really is your sister. My Mom was 17 when my Uncle was born. I am a year younger than my Uncle and my brother is 2 weeks older than our Uncle. I feel like we were more siblings than my Mom and him.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

She's your half-sister. This is exactly the same situation as my Dad - his Dad died when Dad was only 5, his Mum married again and had three more children, so they were his half-brothers and half-sister.

• ...Show all comments
    • GB
      Lv 5
      3 months agoReport

You share less genes with a half sister than what you call a real one.  But  you might not feel close emotionally because of the age gap

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

How your stepsister feels is immaterial.

She's your half sister born of your sh*thead stepfather and the idiot who married him.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.