Sick for 3 months?

Hopefully you guys can give me some ideas because I have no idea what to do, and my doctor isn’t finding anything to bring me relief.

In November I got really sick. Cough, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, sinus infection, the works. My doctor put me on antibiotics which helped the sinus infection but nothing else. It’s been 3 months now, and my throat and glands are still extremely swollen and painful. My cough won’t go away. My ear hurts. It hurts to swallow or yawn or eat and it REALLY hurts if I sneeze. Pain is much worse at night and in the morning. No congestion or other sinus involvement now. Enlarged thyroid. 

I’ve since gotten multiple staph infections on my leg, my butt, and in my nose. I’ve had a yeast infection for 2 weeks. Fatigue. The list goes on. 

I do not have a fever. I do get stomach upset and throw up every couple of days kind of randomly. 

I’ve had a ton of blood work and a breath test. No allergies, ANA normal (which I believe rules out autoimmune issues). Negative for mono but EBV was positive. No ear infection, no dental issues although I do also get pain and swelling on the side of and under my tongue. I had a CBC shortly before this started that was normal. Negative strep test. 

It just feels like my immune system is failing. I do not have HIV or other STDs but had HPV back in 2009. I’m just at a loss and in pain and want to get back to normal. Does anyone have any ideas what to check for? I’m starting to think I have some sort of throat cancer.

Getting tested for lymphoma might be worthwhile.  Testing might involve getting a biopsy of one or more of the swollen nodes.  Often the first sign of lymphoma is an endless string of infections.

• Kyle

if your main doctor isn't finding anything wrong for three months, this is where you go to another doctor.  call your health insurance and see who else is covered in your plan, and go get other opinions. 

• Allison2 months agoReport

I have Medicaid which makes me extremely limited on care. I went to a different walk in clinic today and they just referred me back to my primary :( I’m feeling very stuck.