Is this sentence correct? ?

It's good to be ignorant about yourself in some ways because my journey of self-discovery led me to depression.  

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

The sentence is 100% grammatically correct. You might want to break the sentence up into two sentences though, to communicate your point more effectively.

• Login to reply the answers
  • RP
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes, but you might also consider: It's good to be ignorant about yourself in some ways because my self-discovery led to depression.

• 4 weeks ago

You have a pronoun problem. You're using "yourself" in the generic sense, meaning everyone, but then you say "my journey". Don't switch like that. I think you're trying to say "It was better when I was ignorant about myself because my journey of self-discovery resulted in depression."

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The grammar is correct. The content is specious and, I think, just plain wrong.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Try: “My journey to self-discovery led me to depression. In some ways, ignorance is bliss.”

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

In addition to Anonymous's input, which is spot-on, you'd need a comma before the word "because."

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It is correct neither ideologically nor grammatically.  Ideologically, it relies on a logical fallacy.  Grammatically, it improperly jumps from speaking of yourself with the hypothetical "you" to speaking of yourself with the literal "me."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.