How often do you dump both holding tanks in a fifth wheel if its used as a stationary home?

My son will be 18 next year and he is special needs with allot of mental health issues. We dont think at 18 hell be ready to move out and be on his own but we want to help him get there. We decided to consider getting a 5th wheel to park on our land so he can have his own independant place, pay rent and live in "his own place" but still be close enough we can help him. But if a 5th wheel isnt connected to sewage how often would the holding tanks need to be dumpped? I know it depends but iam looking for a general idea to see if its worth it ( like every other day, once a week, once a month ..) 

That depends on the size of the tanks.  More likely once a week due to the smaller size, and you don't want to wait until it is completely full, which is especially difficult and why most counties require building a septic system or tapping into an available utility.  Check with your county planning and zoning about the legalities of your plan.

You need to check local zoning laws, such a setup would be illegal in most places.

Depends on the size of the holding tanks.  A 50 gal tank on my boat will last, for 2 people, for a week to 10 days.  If you have a sewer clean out opening just park the unit near it and connect the holding tanks drain hose to it.

If he is going to live in it full time then he needs proper, water & sewer hook ups.  If there is no sewer hook up then it would need to be moved to dump it as needed.  Could be about once a week but could be more. That is a tremendous pain in the tuckas with a 5th wheel.  

I manage a long term only RV park.  All my spaces have full hook ups. My tenants leave the gray water open & dump the black water as needed.  Gray water is from sinks & showers.  Black is sewage. 

have you even checked to see if that is legal?   in most suburbs, it isn't.  if it is legal, does the system contain the smell?AMAZON SELLS THUMB SPLINTS...its a valid question, in many areas it is NOT legal to park a 5th wheel in your driveway/yard and allow someone to live in it.

• DEBS

Quick search says for 1 or 2 people once a week-ish is probably fine.  That sounds like a lot to me to do all the time.  Consider if you can connect to your home sewer clean out like this video shows.  https://youtu.be/jdj9EdWdOog

Youtube thumbnail