Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Are colored contacts lying?

my friend is dating a girl I went to elementary school with. the girl used to have brown eyes, now she has green eyes. he said that she has never told him they are contacts and I know for a fact that they are contacts, so is she lying?? or is this harmless? 

• Foofa

No more so than wearing makeup or changing the color of your hair. These are for the most part societally accepted forms of "deceit".

Did you know that Hillary Clinton actually has brown eyes and wears blue contacts?

And I don't think anybody on Earth would ever even in their wildest imagination think that Hillary Clinton could possibly be a liar or have any such connection with nefarious activities! I have never heard Hillary Clinton talk about her pretend blue eyes, so maybe that does make her a liar. Heavens to Murgatroyd!

Seriously, men and women all over the world alter their appearance by wearing makeup, coloring their hair, getting plastic surgery, using Botox, fake fingernails, fake tans, artificially whiten teeth along with dental work, padded bras, lifts in shoes, hair extensions ,  fake eyelashes ,  wigs and all other sorts of ways to alter their appearance.

So I guess everybody in Hollywood is a liar huh?

Would you get upset if she altered her skin tones with makeup, wore lipstick, or used colored nail enamel?

It's usually detectable if someone wears green contacts over brown eyes.

"is she lying? or is this harmless?" Those are two different questions. What exactly are you asking?

Why is this any of your business?  It is only lying if the guy asked her point blank "are you wearing colored contacts?" or "Are your eyes naturally green or brown?" and she told him her eyes were green and no contacts.  Thousands of people were colored contacts.  If your friend is only interesting in dating people with a specific eye color, he needs to tell potential dates and verify their eye color -- otherwise what does it matter.

Thousands if not millions of people also get nose jobs, breast implants, and other cosmetic surgery.  Is it lying? No.  Is it false representation? Maybe.  

• Laurie

Why does it matter? More importantly, how is this any of your business?

i dont think shes lying, it probably changed the color of her eyes

• drip

What the heck does it matter?  Both men and women wear colored contacts and dye their hair. People can and do change their appearance.

It is harmless

Years ago I dated a girl who had the most beautiful greenish eyes.  Then one day we were sitting on the couch and she said something like 'Oh, damn!'  I looked at her and she had one green and one brown eye. It shocked me out of a year's growth!  I had no idea colored contacts even existed.

I don't think it's lying.  If they were getting married, maybe.  But we all agree girls have a right to improve their looks with cosmetics, and this comes under that category.

I saw an old movie last night called The Great McGinty, about a small-time gangster that runs for mayor.  He marries a woman for image, because voters want to vote for a married guy.  After their quick city-hall wedding, she looks really guilty and says 'There's something I didn't tell you.'  Then she takes him to her place to meet her two children that he didn't know about.  Now THAT's lying!  It was a fake marriage anyway.  They weren't planning even on living together, so it doesn't matter as much.  But if a guy and a girl are really serious about each other, I think a woman should tell the guy that this isn't her real eye color.

• Brian

As opposed to makeup, push up bras, etc?