Is it normal for me to put a diaper on my 4-year-old before bed?

He is potty trained during the day but he is a bit small for bedtime pants right now. He is not special needs but he does have a very small bladder for a 4 year old.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Trisha
    Lv 4
    1 day ago

Not normal but there's nothing wrong with it. You should stop before his 5th birthday, though.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Well … yes; it would be "normal" for you to put a diaper on a 4-year-old before bed, if you don't want him to pee all over his bed.

• Nicey8
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Yes it is usual. Do not worry. He should grow more next 2 years and be weaned off from diapers.

• 1 month ago

His being too small for bedtime pants has NOTHING to do with the issue at hand, why you felt the need to put it in your question is beyond me, the fact he has small pants tells me you need to buy him new ones.

As for your actual question? Yes its normal.... I feel you have asked this question before, so I'll answer it one more time! His bladder isn't fully developed and wont be until he's 5/6 years old, so, yes, he still needs pull-ups at bed time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It's normal for a 4 year old to not yet be night trained and need a diaper, yes. 

• 1 month ago

Don't they have training pants for, like, two-year-olds?

• Edna
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Training pants won't soak up urine like a diaper does, when he pees during the night.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's normal for it to be just in case, but not for him to use it regularly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.